• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

'09 USNA Applicants

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
They hold those applications for a certain # of years. You can go to Leahy Hall and ask to see yours and view the comments all the board members made on it. Might shed some light if you were looking to re-apply. . .

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
They hold those applications for a certain # of years. You can go to Leahy Hall and ask to see yours and view the comments all the board members made on it. Might shed some light if you were looking to re-apply. . .

Wow I had no clue about that.

With that said - w/r to Air Force - something I've heard from a number of candidates (drags...) and from AF Exchangers is that Mids seem to take a lot more pride in Navy than Cadets at AF do... Just something to think about. I would definitely tend to agree, despite all the cynicism... and this year, even though the pendulum is still on the tightening swing, everyone is still on board with the 'Dant - Captain Matt Klunder. He just seems to be everywhere for the Bridage and you can tell he loves his job.

Finally- congrats to all of you who made it to 2013... see you this summer. :D

JTB7

lol ^^^ video. Love the dude in the ghillie suit.

I hope there isnt a huge jump in applicants next year...

I wonder why the spike in amount of applicants. Failing economy?

BeerMe

Canoe U Admissions up 50%, wrecking WP, AFA

Washington Post Article

The U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis had a 50 percent jump in applicants this year, eclipsing both the Military Academy at West Point and the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, which also experienced significant increases.
The lure of a free education in a difficult economy might be a factor, but Navy spokeswoman Judy Campbell credited the Naval Academy's two-year-old outreach program to minorities and high school students who live in parts of the country that have been underrepresented for much of the increase. One result of that outreach, she said, is that the current freshman class is the most diverse in the school's history, with 27 percent of its members counted as minorities.

15,000 applicants, ~1000 accepted. That's a 6.6% acceptance rate.

The problem I think a lot of mids feel is that we're sacrificing quality for diversity and retention.

Hell, they gave all attached personnel a MUC for highest Plebe summer retention rate this past year...

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Good Lord is your avatar Gay Republicans in 2080 or that childhood acid trip, Elephants on Parade, from Dumbo?

EDIT: Repost, and Welcome.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ask and you shall receive. Between the 'Dant and The Chaplains, it's a classic.

I went to the Army Navy Lacrosse game last week and I was impressed with the videos played at the game. The Navy productions were well done. The Army videos were not even in the same league. They were lame and amateurish. A sixth garde class could have done better.

DanMa1156

pilot
Contributor
I went to the Army Navy Lacrosse game last week and I was impressed with the videos played at the game. The Navy productions were well done. The Army videos were not even in the same league. They were lame and amateurish. A sixth garde class could have done better.

As I understand it, West Point's Commandant (I think they call him "The Com") called up ours and asked if we had a professional media company do our spirit spots... and the answer is no.

And, we have plenty more good ones that are shot down for whatever reason... being on Ops Staff last semester let me in on a few would-be classics.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
As I understand it, West Point's Commandant (I think they call him "The Com") called up ours and asked if we had a professional media company do our spirit spots... and the answer is no.

And, we have plenty more good ones that are shot down for whatever reason... being on Ops Staff last semester let me in on a few would-be classics.

I never thought any of the A/V geeks in HS were Academy material. BZ to the USNA A/V geeks.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
I never thought any of the A/V geeks in HS were Academy material. BZ to the USNA A/V geeks.

With all the equipment in the MSC lab, ANYBODY can become a passably proficient A/V geek. Pretty sure most Hollywood studios don't have an arsenal that big.

West point always seemed to just have a Hi-8 and a pile of Legos.:icon_tong

DanMa1156

pilot
Contributor
With all the equipment in the MSC lab, ANYBODY can become a passably proficient A/V geek. Pretty sure most Hollywood studios don't have an arsenal that big.

West point always seemed to just have a Hi-8 and a pile of Legos.:icon_tong

We had a Cadet on exchange last semester from West Point who quickly found himself in with the rest of us in our class in company. He showed us some videos from West Point that their admin wouldn't show... they seem to have a much more cynical sense of humor than we do, but some of their videos are actually pretty funny.

JTB7

:( I got a thin letter in the mail saying I got rejected from summer seminar. Summer seminar...I thought it wasn't that difficult to get accepted into it. Even though it says 65% of the new midshipmen who were admitted never attended summer seminar, I feel like that was the pre-rejection letter to the academy. I know my represetatives and senators will ask if I attended the academy and I was hoping to say I attended summer seminar.