• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

09 May 2021 OCS

jpham89

ProRec Y SNFO
Contributor
Hello!

I haven’t found an OCS class for this date so voila! Per my recruiter, we’re to report NLT 25 APR to begin our corona-cation (ROM). He told me we’re going to be spending time in the Navy Lodge, not sure about this one but we’ll see!

Hope to see you guys soon! I’ll be starting a FB group later today and will update it with a link.

jpham89

ProRec Y SNFO
Contributor
Here's something I put together to have us better prepared:

Required List Checklist- I pretty much wrote word-for-word the things we need. If you're prior service, click here for additional information on what you need. Use this as a checklist to help you get everything [Disclaimer: Please ensure you've done your due diligence and verify the items you need...]

Appendix Bravo (2020) - Most up-to-date information on what we could get tested on. It is highly suggested you know as much as you can so you can focus on other things

If you're looking for alternative means of studying, flashcards are at your disposal for the following, including Appendix Charlie & Delta, courtesy of @KaleDaSquid:

Appendix Bravo Flash Cards
Appendix Charlie Flash Cards
Appendix Delta Flash Cards

Ranks & Insignias - To those new to military ranks or just need a refresher (I know I do), this guide can help you establish your phraseology to answer properly when asked what rank is so-and-so.

One Hundred Pushups - For those who need a regiment to improving your push ups, I have found this website to be extremely beneficial. It was also recommended by someone else on this forum, I don't remember who... They also have other programs like planking that you can add to your workout to improve your time.

Facebook Group - Navy OCS Class 09 May 2021 - Self explanatory here!

Hope these work for you! Please feel free to add whatever you'd like that will help us succeed at OCS!

Stay motivated!

KaleDaSquid

AW Deity and aspiring Aviator
Contributor
Here's something I put together to have us better prepared:

Required List Checklist- I pretty much wrote word-for-word the things we need. If you're prior service, click here for additional information on what you need. Use this as a checklist to help you get everything [Disclaimer: Please ensure you've done your due diligence and verify the items you need...]

Appendix Bravo (2020) - Most up-to-date information on what we could get tested on. It is highly suggested you know as much as you can so you can focus on other things

If you're looking for alternative means of studying, flashcards are at your disposal for the following, including Appendix Charlie & Delta, courtesy of @KaleDaSquid:

Appendix Bravo Flash Cards
Appendix Charlie Flash Cards
Appendix Delta Flash Cards

Ranks & Insignias - To those new to military ranks or just need a refresher (I know I do), this guide can help you establish your phraseology to answer properly when asked what rank is so-and-so.

One Hundred Pushups - For those who need a regiment to improving your push ups, I have found this website to be extremely beneficial. It was also recommended by someone else on this forum, I don't remember who... They also have other programs like planking that you can add to your workout to improve your time.

Facebook Group - Navy OCS Class 09 May 2021 - Self explanatory here!

Hope these work for you! Please feel free to add whatever you'd like that will help us succeed at OCS!

Stay motivated!

This is well done! I saved!

jpham89

ProRec Y SNFO
Contributor
Hey class,

I was able to acquire some additional reading/study guides for us through other candidates (permission given):

Naval Officer Delayed Entry Program - At some point we should be getting this but here it is in advance. It gives a good overview of OCS.
Survivor's Guide to Navy OCS - Breaks down nearly everything in OCS from the moment you get there to when you graduate. Whoever wrote this.... bless their soul.
Navy PRT (2020) - Most up-to-date information for our PRT standards. Make sure you can at least pass with Satisfactory Medium (per OCS website) to continue!

Rhino_Mech

ProRec-Y SNFO 2/4/21
Is it possible to hate someone and be so happy for someone at one time? Hmmm!

seriously though, congratulations!!!
hahahaha, I feel you! I've been hiding in the background for over a year just watching people go so it definitely feels good to see it's finally happening for for me! Thank you

SBeaty

I went ahead and made the reservation at the lodge for April 24th-May 8th couple weeks ago.

Edit: I am well above the 'Good' category except for running. I just can't hit the 1.5 miles.

Last edited:

Terminader

I went ahead and made the reservation at the lodge for April 24th-May 8th couple weeks ago.

Edit: I am well above the 'Good' category except for running. I just can't hit the 1.5 miles.
Is the Navy Lodge for sure where we're gonna be staying for ROM? And I was assuming that if they want us to all stay at a specific location for ROM, they would already have spots reserved for us. I haven't gotten my FINSEL letter yet though so I honestly have no clue about the logistical information.

And same, my running also needs improvement. I'm hoping that since I've been training on a hilly road that my run time will be much better on a flat track. It's the final 0.5 miles that gets me because its initially uphill in my case!

SBeaty

Is the Navy Lodge for sure where we're gonna be staying for ROM? And I was assuming that if they want us to all stay at a specific location for ROM, they would already have spots reserved for us. I haven't gotten my FINSEL letter yet though so I honestly have no clue about the logistical information.

And same, my running also needs improvement. I'm hoping that since I've been training on a hilly road that my run time will be much better on a flat track. It's the final 0.5 miles that gets me because its initially uphill in my case!
That's what my recruiter told me, but there's plenty of time to change arrangements.

Edit: She told me I would have to make the reservation (we pay up front for it apparently).

jpham89

ProRec Y SNFO
Contributor
That's what my recruiter told me, but there's plenty of time to change arrangements.

Edit: She told me I would have to make the reservation (we pay up front for it apparently).

oh wow, I thought it was going to be provided to us!!

SBeaty

oh wow, I thought it was going to be provided to us!!
I was told we would have a roommate, so I booked a two-bed. I’m sure the navy will handle the rest of the arrangements. Hopefully we are reimbursed because 14 nights at $80+/night is expensive!