• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

09 may 2010?

SticknRudder

I'm thinking about driving from Denver, does anyone want to ride together, that's a LONG drive and I've never driven that far...

Gear yourself up...not as bad as you think! Back when I was a younger-buck I made Grand Junction to D.C. non-stop in 34 hours on just two cups of coffee...What kind of vehicle are you driving? Just moved out this way (again) myself from Colorado Springs last year actually -- you're going to miss the mountains ;-P

Beaston321

Maximus Prospectus
hey guys whats up...I sign my final select this thursday (4/20/2010) if all goes according to plan, so yea I'll be in the May 9th class

24/male/non-prior/sna

I'm definitely taking my car but dont know when I'll be leaving. Coming from Virginia Beach, VA. So not that bad of a drive at all really...I've driven way further.

leehigh80

hey guys whats up...I sign my final select this thursday (4/20/2010) if all goes according to plan, so yea I'll be in the May 9th class

24/male/non-prior/sna

I'm definitely taking my car but dont know when I'll be leaving. Coming from Virginia Beach, VA. So not that bad of a drive at all really...I've driven way further.

Beaston,
How did you know your OCS date before your FS papers came in? I submitted my physically qualified doc Friday. Assuming my security investigation has been opened I'm probably in the same boat you are, but the recruiter does not have an OCS date for me (probably b/c I dont have FS yet I assume). Can the recruiter assign an OCS date before the FS doc comes in?

Start processing: 01SEPT2009
ASTB: ~15SEPT2009
26/male/non-prior/sna

nugget61

pilot
Well I swore in today and it had this date on my paperwork - I much prefer getting swapped back into this class than having to wait all summer to go, so here's hopin' it sticks! I'll be leaving out of Louisville, KY and wouldn't mind hitting a convoy or picking someone up as long as they're not concerned my date might change.

Leehigh: Normally ORs can see the date that has been submitted for you via OTools about a week or so before the FS gets in. Your OR doesn't assign an OCS date, it is assigned to you via NRC. I don't know if its done differently since you're already in.

Beaston321

Maximus Prospectus
Beaston,
How did you know your OCS date before your FS papers came in? I submitted my physically qualified doc Friday. Assuming my security investigation has been opened I'm probably in the same boat you are, but the recruiter does not have an OCS date for me (probably b/c I dont have FS yet I assume). Can the recruiter assign an OCS date before the FS doc comes in?

Start processing: 01SEPT2009
ASTB: ~15SEPT2009
26/male/non-prior/sna

leehigh80

My recruiter told me my final select had come in last month, however I couldnt sign my Final Select until i was within 30 days of my scheduled OCS. Hence how I sort of knew beforehand just cause of pestering them about a date, the processor can sometimes find out early. And no, the recruiter does not select your class date, that is up to the boards. All my paperwork had been done for a while aka security clearance, prt, and the rest so thats why I had mine come through a little faster. Just sit tight man, it's all up to the navy and their staffing needs. Get used to waiting a lot especially since I know for a fact that the pilot training pipeline is backed up incredibly. Got a friend in Kingsville flying T-45s who literally isnt doing anything and hardly stands watch. Goes to Corpus almost every day to find better better food to eat for lunch. Lucky SOB.

leehigh80

Thanks for the info nugget and beaston. Yeah, just informed last friday that i am set for 01AUG start date (but I turn 27 on 08NOV). i don't think it is a coincidence that I got the 01AUG date...lol, almost three months before my age cut-off. I'm trying to push for an earlier date to avoid ungodly paperwork that may be needed if I don't finish OCS by 08NOV.

I'm from Austin TX so waiting around in Texas is fine by me. Even though Corpu and Kingsville aren't the best spots to be.

If anyone out there is going from Cali for 01AUG start, they can ride with me. I think I'm gonna put my stuff in navy storage and have it follow me to Florida. should be a short drive, just driving across the continent of north america...should be fine, jk.

I'm anxious and tired of waiting, but looks like that will be the MO for now and the next few years.

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
Yea, that's a long ride...I thought I had it bad coming from MS...Maybe we could meet up somewhere along the way.

I drove from Denver. It sucks and is long, but its doable. You'll thank yourself later when you have your POV there.

nugget61

pilot
I'm up here now - if anyone wants to meet up for dinner/beer send me an email via my profile page (probably won't be logging back on here)