• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

09 may 2010?

Travis2688

My original OCS date was 6 JUN 2010. Got a call from my OR today and he said that my date had been moved up to 12 MAY 2010....I thought all OCS classes started on Sunday...The 12th of May is a Wednesday..

I thought he may have been wrong, but he said that is the date that shows in the system for my OCS date...

Any thoughts on this??

I think he probably just misspoke. My recruiter called me about an hour ago and told me I'd be attending the 9 MAY class. No FS letter yet, but hopefully soon.

Any way we can change the title?

Travis2688

hmm.. He may have read it wrong or the wrong date may have been posted..I assume that it will be the 9th of May...I don't know how to change the title... if I can figure out how to change it, we will change it to '9 MAY 2010'

beaverslayer

pilot
Dude that's kind of ridiculous... when do you graduate? And what was the "first available" date that you put on your application?

Travis2688

Correction...he just emailed me back and said it was a misunderstanding on his part...It is May 9th...

I graduate on May 1st.....I hope that's enough time for my school to get final grades out so that I can get my final transcript... They don't have to have final grades posted until the 4th, and most of the time, they wait until the deadline to post them.. Then it will be another week or so before they will send me my transcripts...I am going to have to try to get that changed back to the original date.

I did my application over a year and a half ago.. I can't remember exactly what we put as 'first available' date, but I know it wasn't in May!

Is May 4th a general deadline, or is it an early date just for graduating seniors? The reason I ask is because you might be able to pick up a final transcript before you even walk the stage.

I'm pretty sure my school required professors to post grades early for seniors so there was no doubt about who was really supposed to graduate... the registrar was the only department not run by monkeys at my school.

Travis2688

That's true. Thanks for the insight. I'm going to call the registrars office tomorrow and found out when the soonest I can get my hands on an official transcript is.

beaverslayer

pilot
Well on the bright side you'll get the suck over with that much sooner. It's gotta be a pain to have to show up so soon after graduation though.

beaverslayer

pilot
So I just found out that mine got pushed WAY in the other direction-- 1 JAN 2011. Now to figure out what the hell to do for 8 months after I graduate.

Travis2688

Yea. The sooner I go to OCS the sooner I go to API and so on and so forth. If everything stays the same as of right now I graduate on a Saturday and I'll be leaving that Wednesday to drive up there.

He told me that the reason mine was moved was bc of the need for NFO's.. And the sooner I get through OCS, the better... But, he also told me That he's had some BDCP candidates that have had their date changed 3-4 times.

@Beaverslayer.. Are you BDCP?

Travis2688

Oh, man that sucks...well maybe it will get moved to a closer date...I wouldn't mind mine getting moved back...but I def. wouldn't want to be in RI in January! Probably pretty sucky weather up there in the winter...

nugget61

pilot
Well I'm sure a mod will stick their head in soon and change the title for us. As for it being the May 9 class, just got a call from my OR that I'll be joining yall there.

So far travis and myself? C'mon lurkers, call yourselves out.

24/M/Non prior/SNA/Slow ass runner

Travis2688

For any moderators out there, will you please change the title to "9 MAY 2010"? Thanks in Advance...

@nugget61, I was just in Louisville in August '09, did the Ironman up there...Beautiful city!!

22/M/Non prior/SNFO