• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

07NOV2022 INTEL BOARD

Whiskeyrice

This is just me but if you were selected and expected to be an officer I’d try and speak with your XO and CO, with your DH present of course, as you will be an officer first. Try to use this as an opportunity to be one and speak with your CoC face to face.

As far as someone being pushed, outside of my expertise, but I’m sure @exNavyOffRec or @FormerRecruitingGuru can answer that one better than I can.

If you have any OCS or IP related questions let me know. I just finished OCS and currently waiting to class up for IPBC.
Was told to not hold my breath on that one. Even the more senior officers struggle with that at times here with the skipper's schedule being by the second. Not that I won't try anyway.

If I were to be selected I'd definitely be reaching out, thank you for answering all this thus far. But you did mention you didn't get your IPBC date until you were already in OCS correct? I know some of the IPBC dates are pretty spread out from the OCS grad dates. Are you on leave right now or what do they have you doing? And do you know your follow on shore tour location yet/do you have any say in the matter? Dual-mil so it wouldn't be just about my orders is the thing. I'm guessing the 4 big shore commands (NCTAMS PAC/LANT and NCTS Naples/Bahrain) are the most likely, but not sure if any get sent to Yokosuka or San Diego instead...

Last edited:

RhodesReese

Was told to not hold my breath on that one. Even the more senior officers struggle with that at times here with the skipper's schedule being by the second. Not that I won't try anyway.

If I were to be selected I'd definitely be reaching out, thank you for answering all this thus far. But you did mention you didn't get your IPBC date until you were already in OCS correct? I know some of the IPBC dates are pretty spread out from the OCS grad dates. Are you on leave right now or what do they have you doing? And do you know your follow on shore tour location yet/do you have any say in the matter? Dual-mil so it wouldn't be just about my orders is the thing. I'm guessing the 4 big shore commands (NCTAMS PAC/LANT and NCTS Naples/Bahrain) are the most likely, but not sure if any get sent to Yokosuka or San Diego instead...
PMed you

padre

I was not on the list at all. My package was not reviewed for the November board due to that fiasco we discussed. But at least I got confirmation I'll be seen for the February board. Only downside means I have to wait another 2-3 months for results. But congratulations to everyone who made it!
Is that really how long results take? My recruiter seems like he thinks they'll be pretty fast.

Whiskeyrice

Is that really how long results take? My recruiter seems like he thinks they'll be pretty fast.
Last intel board took around 9 1/2 weeks I believe, but that was also during the Christmas break. So 2-3 months seems right, but you'd be "safe" on betting for an 8 week turnaround. Unsure of recent historical time periods past that, but the snippet on the OCS portion of mynavyhr states 2-10 weeks past the convene date.

Last edited:
Congrats to all who were selected!

Word of advice, start focusing on HIIT workouts now and don’t just train for the PFA. It’s very easy not to roll for the PFA by just showing up in somewhat decent shape. Getting through the HIIT sessions during the rollable events like First Friday, Fast Cruise, and RLP is significantly harder if you aren’t conditioned for those types of work outs.

Also know your bravo

scooter345

does anyone that's AD have any word on their classes yet? I expect receiving orders will take a minute but it's been kind of quiet and just wondering if anyone has updates that might be leaving sooner than me

SN P A

does anyone that's AD have any word on their classes yet? I expect receiving orders will take a minute but it's been kind of quiet and just wondering if anyone has updates that might be leaving sooner than me
My CO told Millington when I wanted to leave and I had orders within a week. I’ll be in a March class though which probably explains the quick turnaround

scooter345

My CO told Millington when I wanted to leave and I had orders within a week. I’ll be in a March class though which probably explains the quick turnaround
yea I hadn't heard anything so last week I called Paul and he said they hadn't received the email. I waited to leave work on Friday until I knew it was sent and I haven't heard anything since. No orders either...they didn't ask for me to leave until May though because of my graduation so I'm probably just lower priority lol

RhodesReese

yea I hadn't heard anything so last week I called Paul and he said they hadn't received the email. I waited to leave work on Friday until I knew it was sent and I haven't heard anything since. No orders either...they didn't ask for me to leave until May though because of my graduation so I'm probably just lower priority lol
Selected Nov 2021
Recieved orders June 2022
Left for OCS Sep 2022

I know of others who didn't get their orders until the month of departure.

Just be patient.

SN P A

if you don’t already have the clearance then you won’t even get your official selection letter until your triad gets message traffic about a pre-screen with a regional SSO. if that applies to you then that’s step 1

J0hnny

Just signed my enlisted IS contract, hope to see y'all in the fleet someday :)
Congratulations! Being an IS is a lot of fun! It is a really good community with a lot of benefits.
I was told that It would be about 30-45 days after my pre screen interview before I get orders. I am not looking at leaving till about June so that might influence how long it takes. Just more time to work out so I can be in less pain later.