• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

07MAR2022 CW Board

exNavyOffRec

You mean any of the iwc results? The CW one has already been released.
The last round they didn't put any of the "No's" on the results list, not sure if they did that this time but it would help make sure if you did or didn't go to board.

One of the things I could see happening is since your GPA is low (for IWC) is that they focused on those who had the best shot of getting selected, unfortunately some do that, and unfortunately some NRD's cap applications they send to NRC.

The last round they didn't put any of the "No's" on the results list, not sure if they did that this time but it would help make sure if you did or didn't go to board.

One of the things I could see happening is since your GPA is low (for IWC) is that they focused on those who had the best shot of getting selected, unfortunately some do that, and unfortunately some NRD's cap applications they send to NRC.
They did post the No’s and was not included on the list.

exNavyOffRec

hmm what questions do you have? Maybe I am asking the wrong ones?
Did the NRD do something that kept your application from getting submitted?
Why did your OR put you in for SWO-CW when there were no quotas?
Was it submitted for this board and was it kicked back?
Why isn't your OR informing you of all of this?

What rank is your OR? and how long has he been an OR?

I am sure there are others.

Did the NRD do something that kept your application from getting submitted?
Why did your OR put you in for SWO-CW when there were no quotas?
Was it submitted for this board and was it kicked back?
Why isn't your OR informing you of all of this?

What rank is your OR? and how long has he been an OR?

I am sure there are others.
I was selected this go around or per the recruiter 99.9% confidence , the board results haven’t been posted but my recruiter told me I have a comments in pride indicating my selection. (CW board was the july 6th I believe). Does that sound plausible, instead of bs?

Thanks

exNavyOffRec

I was selected this go around or per the recruiter 99.9% confidence , the board results haven’t been posted but my recruiter told me I have a comments in pride indicating my selection. (CW board was the july 6th I believe). Does that sound plausible, instead of bs?

Thanks
It does sound plausible as there could be an OCS date in there, or at least an OCS FY

It does sound plausible as there could be an OCS date in there, or at least an OCS FY
Interesting, he said I won't have an OCS date until the results post. But he read the comment to me essentially just said I would be selected. However, I have definitely learned its not real till its real and on paper.

exNavyOffRec

Interesting, he said I won't have an OCS date until the results post. But he read the comment to me essentially just said I would be selected. However, I have definitely learned its not real till its real and on paper.
What you just posted that he said doesn't make sense unless he isn't telling you the whole story, the OCS dates would be in the system.

jamal1825

were you not submitted for CW? Remember for the IWC, any community can look at your package if they want to. I know someone who didnt put down a community yet that community wanted him so they selected him.
Really? That’s interesting, so you’re saying if someone only put in for one community, he/she can be picked up by a different community? I received a high praise and a 10 on my interview panel from a CW officer, but I only put in for IP.

RhodesReese

I don’t know how often it happens but I have personally seen it happen at least 3-4 times. Recently someone I know only put 1830 a a choice and was selected for 1810.

Really? That’s interesting, so you’re saying if someone only put in for one community, he/she can be picked up by a different community? I received a high praise and a 10 on my interview panel from a CW officer, but I only put in for IP.

jamal1825

IWC is the only designator that will put you where they need you, if they really like you.
Yeah, my background is heavy with Cyber/Information security.

Well not too heavy! But I have over 5 years of experience with four IT certs and a BS in Computer Information Systems. 3.3 GPA

Plus, I’m in the Navy reserve and did two deployments already. So, fingers crossed! Lol

Last edited:

RhodesReese

Sounds like you would be good in either 1810 or 1820. IPs aren’t the only one who dive into the cyber realm.

Yeah, my background is heavy with Cyber/Information security.

Well not too heavy! But I have over 5 years of experience with four IT certs and a BS in Computer Information Systems. 3.3 GPA

Plus, I’m in the Navy reserve and did two deployments already. So, fingers crossed! Lol