• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 06NOV/04DEC IWC PROBOARD

kamkambear

Hey. I was selected for 1810 Cryptologic Warfare from the last IWC board. I don't know what the percentages were for how many were selected vs. not selected. I got a 48 on the OAR and a 3.5 GPA with my major being a BS in Information Technology, so exNavyOffRec was pretty accurate there. I also had 3 letters of recommendation and I would say I wrote a good motivational statement. I was confident in my application but I wouldn't consider myself an outstanding applicant either. If you're above the minimum on OAR and GPA with LoR's and a good statement then I would say your chances of acceptance/selection are good.

I also know that the CW board in Feb 2023 (the one right before mine in Aug 2023) had many CW quotas that the board never filled for FY-23, and the Aug 2023 board is the first board for FY-24 quotas. I don't remember the exact numbers (maybe around 20-24 unfilled spots) but this definitely supports what you've heard that the IWC could use more guys like us.

Best of luck.
congrats on securing the billet! I had a quick question. how did you set up the interviews?

exNavyOffRec

no for letters of recommendation. i heard some people setting up interviews with O-6s to get letters of recommendation. also did you have any certifications?
Most likely they are AD and need officer evaluations. IWC will look at LOR's but unless the person can talk about supervising you or knowing you for a substantial amount of time it won't carry any weight.