• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

05 Feb 05 start date

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbgood00

I just FINALLY completed the History exam... talk about a load off my back. Not to mention I only have a 56K modem starting Monday when I move home. Got my certificates, Big 4 (almost) and working on the PT until February.

I just ahd to share the relief of getting all of the NKO, particularly history course done... :D

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
How long did the NKO stuff take you guys?

jbgood00

The other 3 courses only took me about 30-45 min each I think. The history course is 8 sections, each about 30-45 min. My advice would be to print the study guides at the beginning of each history "chapter" and use those to study for the overall. I think it would be tough to remember the stuff from chapter 1 by the time you get to the overall test unless you have the guides printed.

Knightsgk01

Sub Nuke in Training
helmet91 said:
what do you consider "identifying information?"

The class teams/candios get a class roster than includes your name, where you are coming from, your date of birth etc. So basically anything that someone can figure out your identity through, do not put on this website.

dakrie57

dakrie57
Alright, less than two weeks to go... For those of you not in florida yet, weather is getting better. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

jbgood00

yeah... not long now. Sure beats the 2 degrees and 15 inches of snow we just got here...

Also, FYI... I'll be pulling into P'Cola on the 3rd and staying at the navy lodge on base. I might show up even a little earlier, but I'm planning on killing a couple of days in New Orleans first. I guess we should probably try to figure out a time/place to meet for those interested. Also, my cell number is on the roster Will sent around.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't know anything about a roster, but I'd be game for meeting up somewhere. I will be headed that way on Saturday morning (it's a 9-hour trip or so). Not sure where I'm gonna stay overnight. What about you all?

dakrie57

dakrie57
Hey Ben, if you or anyone want to email me at dakri57@yahoo I will get you the roster that we are talking about with info. I am up for anwhere on friday, there are several places we can go, near the base. sevenish or something would be a good time.

ayeSirIPA

I used to live on this site before heading to OCS. Knight is right, they will seek you out. However, they are going to find you whether you left any identifying info or not. It will suck, no matter though, there is going to be such a whirlwind that first couple days that it will just be one more thing going on. Have fun eating fried chicken with a spoon. GodSpeed.

staaaannndby....staaaannndby........staaaanndby......STANDBY!!

ayeSirIPA

Something just came to mind, you guys heading down this time of year better pay strict attention to hygiene. Religously use the Purel they issue you, and if you can get some lysol and use that too. OCS is a germ fest this time of year -classic 'upper chest resp. infections'. And..the docs are very tough on issuing anti-biotics. My roommate didn't get meds until he finally started coughing up blood -come to find out he had laryngitis and a minor case of pnemonia. I may have been a germ freak, but I never got sick -and I was there for six months.

jbgood00

Ben... I already have a room at the Navy lodge on base so worst case if you need a place to crash... you can stay in my room, there are 2 queen beds so there is plenty of room. If you need the space, just call my on my cell (I sent it to everyone via civilian email).

JayManC

ayeSirIPA said:
Something just came to mind, you guys heading down this time of year better pay strict attention to hygiene. Religously use the Purel they issue you, and if you can get some lysol and use that too. OCS is a germ fest this time of year -classic 'upper chest resp. infections'. And..the docs are very tough on issuing anti-biotics. My roommate didn't get meds until he finally started coughing up blood -come to find out he had laryngitis and a minor case of pnemonia. I may have been a germ freak, but I never got sick -and I was there for six months.

SIX MONTHS??? is this shivy?

"alright now get back online....prepare to pop top"

ayeSirIPA

No, not sure who shivy is. Yeah, I was there six months due to an injury. I can honestly say that during that time I got to be pretty familiar with the many aspects of OCS/NATC.

Status
Not open for further replies.