• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

05 Feb 05 start date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azskegee04

How was everyones Thanksgiving? Mines was great I also recieved 11 stitches on my leg "Ouch". I cant run for two weeks, so that leaves me with about 7 weeks of training time left. My duities as LPO for my workcenter ends Mon, theres a First coming to take my place. Its just hard to believe all of this is happening. I only have 4 weeks left at my command. What about you other priors how much leave do you intend on taking ?

moak01

I was originally in a SEPT class and got bumped back to this one. So i have been bouncing from tasker to tasker. But after signing my eval, I have turned everything over and have no job. So life is good, just training and studying for OCS.

Seville's is good bar; I haven’t been there in awhile. But still good times from what i hear from my friends that are still down there. Right up the alley for you younger single guys. They have a Piano bar, dance club and couple of other ones there. Sucks we are going to miss the superbowl!

IKE – I plan on taking about 10 days lv and getting to P-cola on the afternoon of the 4th.

QUESTION – Has anyone made any hotel reservations or do we need to? I heard they got hit pretty hard down there from Ivan. Are you going to check in on the 4th or the 5th?

Happy holidays!

Moak

jbgood00

Moak,

Good point about the hotel room availability. I'm sure if enough of us are checking in we can get some sort of group rate. I know I'll probably be down the 4th, if not sooner. Also, if anyone needs to be picked up at the airport, I can probably hook you up...

Also, I don't know if it's a good idea or what, but it may be useful to just put together a spreadsheet with everyone's real name and phone number just in case we happen to need to get ahold of anyone. I don't care either way, but might be a good thing to have in case someone's car explodes or something on the way down and they need a ride.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
See you guys later...

I was in for my PRT today and found out that I got pushed back out of this class... looks like you guys will be Candidate Officers before I get there. Good luck to everyone!

dakrie57

dakrie57
Sorry to loose you ben, I hope that everyone stays in the mix if not far behind. There are still some available hotels at least the last time I looked. I will probably not get there till the 10 or so, so give me a heads up if ya'll get there earlier.

Seville quarter was still good the last time I was there this year. Hasn't changed much since high school. And there are plenty of girls for you guys to choose from. Of course last time I was there, it was 3 to 1 in favor for us girls. That dance floor gets packed.

smell the glove

A fun game to play at Seville the night before you check in is the old, "Which one of these guys is gonna turn out to be my drill instructor?" game.

jbgood00

Ben... that's too bad. Do you know your new class? Maybe we'll be there to "welcome" you as Candio-Os :D

Dakrie... do you mean you're not getting there until the 10th??? Um, sounds like 4 days late...

As for Seville... sounds like your typical enlisted/officer club ratio... if not better. Hell, overseas it's like 10:1 in favor of the girls. Honestly though... probably the last thing that's going to be on my mind at that point. I'll be looking forward to the "welcoming committee" the night before...I'm just hoping one of my former Marines isn't my DI... :eek: :eek:

I'll probably lock on a hotel once I move home Dec 11. Then it's just working out and relaxing until the fun begins.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nevermind, I'm still coming

Hey yall - big mix up at the recruiting station. I haven't been moved to another class and will still see everyone at OCS on Feb. 5 :).

When is everyone planning on getting there - the 4th or a couple days before???

moak01

Ben - glad to have you back in the class!

JB – sounds like a good idea to get everyone’s contact info. You guys can send it to me and I will get it all together and then get a copy to everyone. Just e-mail me at:
willard.ball@navy.mil

NAME, PHONE#, E-MAIL, and DATE OF ARRIVAL.

Seville’s is probably like pulling into a port while deployed on a carrier. 5,000 squids to 300 girls!

Moak

jbgood00

Ben,

Welcome back!...I guess it's a great example of military "efficiency" j/k

Moak,

I sent my info along with degree and the program I'm selected for. I figure that may prove helpful to know about everyone as well when we get down there.

dakrie57

dakrie57
JBGood, Hey no I was talking about Jan 10th. I have friends that still llive around there that I went to high school with. But the last two weeks, I got a room reserved at the navy lodge.

Today I called my recruited to get update due to Ben's problem (glad that worked out) and he told me, I am supposed to detach Dec 17th. I was a little shocked. That turned out to be wrong too. whew.

Knightsgk01

Sub Nuke in Training
I just graduated from OCS so some words of wisdom.

1. Do not put any identifying information on this or USNAVYOCS.com. The class teams as well as the candios read this site and you will be in for some unneeded attention when you first get to OCS.

2. Don't worry about Seville or any other bar for that matter. It will be a while before you get to test those waters. Concentrate on what you have in front of you and then once you earn liberty, then figure out what you are going to do.

3. Bearing and ballistics are everything. If you lose your bearing, or are one of those candidates who doesn't like to sound off, there is some more unneeded attention.

4. OCS is nothing like Officer and a Gentleman, nor is Seville Quarter so get that out of your head.

5. Most of the gouge websites are no longer correct, espcecially since they changed to the 12 week program so don't believe everything you read.

6. Work your tail off, never give up, and live by the core values of honor courage and committment, and you will have no problem. Just remember, if you think, it can't get any worse, the Drill Instructors can make it worse. But if they see you trying and not giving up, they will make your life a lot easier.

Best of luck and see you in the fleet.

jbgood00

knightsgk01,

Thanks for the advice/heads up. Obviously not knowing is part of the process, but if you happen to think of anything else... please feel free to share.

helmet91

contemplating applying again...
1. Do not put any identifying information on this or USNAVYOCS.com. The class teams as well as the candios read this site and you will be in for some unneeded attention when you first get to OCS.

what do you consider "identifying information?"

Status
Not open for further replies.