• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 03July2022

CE2 Smith

Hey guys anyone that’s doing the CEC collegiate program can tell me a little more about the process? I am already active duty so I’m wondering if it’s different or not?

kukuinut

Hey guys anyone that’s doing the CEC collegiate program can tell me a little more about the process? I am already active duty so I’m wondering if it’s different or not?
Currently in the program right now. Not sure on the difference in processing between an active duty member and a civilian, like myself, but this is how it went for me:

1) Contact officer recruiter or someone who is with the program and can help
2) Pass pre-academic screening (will need to submit current transcripts)
3) Pass MEPS
4) Take OAR
5) Take ASVAB (in the event you do not pass your classes, will enlist)
6) Gather LORs, submit transcripts
7) Have interview with Ascension Officer according to region
8) Submit package and wait for results
9) If accepted, must maintain a 3.0 GPA per semester otherwise adverse report
(Not a rigid order of items, but a general list of items on how I remember things went for me)

This all took me about a year and some change from contacting someone to finally signing the papers. The interview carries the most weight so its imperative that you knock that one out of the ball park (recruiter mentioned to me that I was the one person that made a very, very good impression). Significant academic improvement is a big factor, my overall GPA was not so great but my last two semesters showed significant academic improvement. In any case, contact someone with the program and they'll have a better idea on how to apply as active duty.

Oscarep3

I graduated OCS in December, so here’s one ensign wishing the best to a bunch of future ensigns. And quick question for a friend. Does anybody know the class number for this class?

Golfer38

Hello All,,, Dad of candidate... Class 17-22... Just received a letter from son.. All is well... Not sure what I can or cannot say but he said some candidates are having a tough time with the PT...

He also signed his letter "Indoctrination Candidate XXXX"... Prior to going, he was called "Officer Candidate XXXX"... not sure of the change...

He told me they have elections coming up... He is running for an office... Not sure how many spots there are...

Good luck to all... And best wishes to the families...

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
Hello All,,, Dad of candidate... Class 17-22... Just received a letter from son.. All is well... Not sure what I can or cannot say but he said some candidates are having a tough time with the PT...

He also signed his letter "Indoctrination Candidate XXXX"... Prior to going, he was called "Officer Candidate XXXX"... not sure of the change...

He told me they have elections coming up... He is running for an office... Not sure how many spots there are...

Good luck to all... And best wishes to the families...
As he goes through the training, his title will change. You are an indoc candidate, junior off candidate, senior off candidate, then candidate off. The PT evolutions in the first phase can be jarring for some.

Elections will take place in each phase so most candidates will get some leadership opportunities. The final phase will have everyone in a leadership/staff billet.

Golfer38

Thanks for the reply... Good info... He is a 1120... NUPOC...

As former military myself (Army), I remember I had chances to sign up for various designators. Is there anything I could pass on that would help him? Although he will be in training for over a year.... I am just researching how to add "points" so that he can maybe advance in grade a bit faster... If even possible...

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
If he's one of the big 4 (or 6) he may get his phone. Honestly, stay away from them. A phone is a huge distraction. This is class team dependent, but the potential trouble isn't worth it lol. Being in charge of the class is also difficult.

Golfer38

what is "Big 4 or 6"? Yes, I am not worried about hearing from him.. Frankly, it would be ok with me if he didnt use his phone for the entire time... Maybe get him away from it... Kids nowadays are always on their phone... I agree, its a huge distraction...

Just a letter now and then is all good with me...

Thanks again...

Kmill

Late join to this thread, I'm AD going to this class. I'm on transfer leave in TN visiting family but I arrive in RI on the 29th and will be staying in the NGIS until the 1st when I walk over to the quarterdeck. I'm down to link up with any of you before reporting incase we wanted to go into the quarterdeck together or anything along those lines.
Was it a long walk? I won’t have a car either.

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
Was it a long walk? I won’t have a car either.
I had a car and made 3 or 4 trips transporting people. In your group chat, ask if someone can give yall rides. If not, it's not a huge deal. It's like 3/4 of a mile or so. There will be SOCs and JOCs out there giving directions.

Kmill

I had a car and made 3 or 4 trips transporting people. In your group chat, ask if someone can give yall rides. If not, it's not a huge deal. It's like 3/4 of a mile or so. There will be SOCs and JOCs out there giving directions.
Thanks 😊 for the information. I posted was there anyone else attending 18 Mar my convene date but no one has responded yet.

Thank you for the information.

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
Thanks 😊 for the information. I posted was there anyone else attending 18 Mar my convene date but no one has responded yet.

Thank you for the information.
If you can't get ahold of anyone before then, literally yell down the hallway. The vast majority of people in the hotel will be your future classmates