• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 03July2022

Dustinbruner

Just to clarify, this local IP trainings in Norfolk is possible because you are active duty, right? I'm civilian, and got selected for IP as well, just curious if I can be a part of that? I just have 3 months break prior to ship-out date, and want to dedicate the 1 month for it....
I would say yes, for the most of it. The majority of the trainings are held in secure areas requiring base access and clearance, but there are some online trainings available as well.

TheLove

Hey ya'll, prior enlisted in 03JUL Class, as well. Currently on deployment and after the better part of a year I finally will be heading off to OCS. Supply Corps Designator, so I'll be getting to know a few of you pretty well throughout our careers. Looking forward to the journey and getting started.

Sidenote: Does anyone have any study material that I can get a head-start on? As mentioned, I'm on deployment and have plenty of free time on my hands.
I found some on other threads. You should be able to access it on the ship’s computers since it’s on google. I’ll try to post a link to see if that works.

adamrobe

I got it! Took some time with deployment internet, but I got it downloaded. This should kill some time on watch and help me in a few months. I appreciate it, and look forward to seeing you there.

Some insight I got from a Mustang the other day is well we're there is just engulf yourself in the system. We know that this is now how the fleet is, but the college grads don't. They are trying to shape them into military sound Junior Officers, and if we are undercutting everything they are doing they will make it harder on us. They like to see that we are with the program and using our experience to guide our fellow Candidates along.
I found some on other threads. You should be able to access it on the ship’s computers since it’s on google. I’ll try to post a link to see if that works.

TheLove

I got it! Took some time with deployment internet, but I got it downloaded. This should kill some time on watch and help me in a few months. I appreciate it, and look forward to seeing you there.

Some insight I got from a Mustang the other day is well we're there is just engulf yourself in the system. We know that this is now how the fleet is, but the college grads don't. They are trying to shape them into military sound Junior Officers, and if we are undercutting everything they are doing they will make it harder on us. They like to see that we are with the program and using our experience to guide our fellow Candidates along.
That sounds about right. Everyone that I have talked to says the same thing. Where I’m stationed at is where most of the pilots come to get their wings. So I get the chance to talk to some that have gone through OCS recently. They say the same thing as well. But it is helpful to hear what they have to say about it.

ChambersJF

From this thread it looks like there are at least a handful of us that are coming over from the enlisted side. Always good when other people have been through some of the same garbage that college grads haven’t

TheLove

For enlisted people when did you guys get your orders?
I got mine the end of March. But I had my final select letter in December. So I would say it varies but I reached out to the OCS detailer to get an update on them while I was waiting.

ehm831

For enlisted people when did you guys get your orders?
I got mine about three weeks after I heard the news that I was selected. But I was being proactive contacting Mr. Celestin and my CO to setup the OCS date. I was selected March 22nd. Did you get your selection letter yet?