• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Perhaps the one thing you COULD work on is a Public Affairs video thoroughly explaining the process we’re all currently in.

I absolutely love what AirWarriors does, aggregating information; but having to try to sift through the PNN (Private News Network/rumor mill) and the truth can be tedious.

I’d love for a good old-fashioned, “here’s the process laid out, here’s what we’re looking for, here’s a good way to measure your competitiveness, now submit a packet because Uncle Sam wants YOU” video.
I like the idea, at that point that's probably 20 years down the road. The fixing that mentality I meant as a personal thing that I need to work on, not fixing other people if that was a little confusing lol.

Agreed, I looked for similar things and couldn't really find them.

I had planned if I got a ProRec-Y to make a series of YouTube videos explaining how I got to where I am, what I did to make myself competitive, and continuing to catalog the experience through OCS and into flight school. There aren't many videos out there that really do a good job explaining who is competitive, and once you get selected what happens from that point.

Forgedinwater

I like the idea, at that point that's probably 20 years down the road. The fixing that mentality I meant as a personal thing that I need to work on, not fixing other people if that was a little confusing lol.

Agreed, I looked for similar things and couldn't really find them.

I had planned if I got a ProRec-Y to make a series of YouTube videos explaining how I got to where I am, what I did to make myself competitive, and continuing to catalog the experience through OCS and into flight school. There aren't many videos out there that really do a good job explaining who is competitive, and once you get selected what happens from that point.
I considered doing something very similar myself. Seeing as I'm a "fairly average" person if I got selected I considered making videos to explain the process, and help motivate others to try. There certainly isn't a good one stop shop for everything you need to know, and even reading forums and posting questions online for the past 6 months or so I still find out new information all the time. If anyone created something like this for the community it would be an amazing thing.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
I considered doing something very similar myself. Seeing as I'm a "fairly average" person if I got selected I considered making videos to explain the process, and help motivate others to try. There certainly isn't a good one stop shop for everything you need to know, and even reading forums and posting questions online for the past 6 months or so I still find out new information all the time. If anyone created something like this for the community it would be an amazing thing.
A compilation of a lot of different perspectives would be nice; Current AD from different branches, prior service from different branches and civilian applicant perspectives.

Coriolanus

Pro-Rec SNA
Is everyone who has a date sometime in September of 2021?

Does anyone have any time way earlier or later?
My supposed date is September also. I can only assume that is what it will be, and moving dates will come if spots open up or people shift.
Also if the rumors of no more pilots being taken in for the next fiscal year is true, it would make sense to space us out over the next year to keep a steady flow of new students into the system. You don’t want to overwhelm the schools but you don’t want them empty either.