• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

tberge22

I’m not sure how accurate or current this information is but my last recruiter told me they previously would send out the Pro recs and later assign an OCS date. He said it has since changed for our board (and future boards) and they now only release results once everyone who was selected has an OCS date so you’ll receive both at the same time. If that’s the case it seems that it could take a while for them to iron all that out.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
@kyleerlich Roger,

The Oct 28 2019 board got results ~ Nov 21... three and 1/2 weeks
The Jan 25 2020 board got results ~Feb 11-12... two and 1/2 weeks
The May 25 2020 board got results ~June 15-16... three weeks
The Aug 03 2020 board was ~Sep 15... six weeks

I’m not sure how accurate or current this information is but my last recruiter told me they previously would send out the Pro recs and later assign an OCS date. He said it has since changed for our board (and future boards) and they now only release results once everyone who was selected has an OCS date so you’ll receive both at the same time. If that’s the case it seems that it could take a while for them to iron all that out.
This is correct, exNavyOffRec has said about a week ago in a different thread that they project or schedule OCS dates before releasing results.

mstewart5

I noticed today that three people highlighted their scores green and updated their OCS dates. Is everyone receiving their results or am I just going crazy?

mstewart5

No, just people highlighting without a ProRec-Y,

Someone has been filling in the Pro-Rec-Y column too and I don't get that. We don't have the results yet.
That’s what I figured what threw me off was that they are also updating their OCS dates which, referencing what someone said in the forum earlier, people are getting their results and dates at the same time. Either way I wish everyone luck and hopefully this torture ends soon enough.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
That’s what I figured what threw me off was that they are also updating their OCS dates which, referencing what someone said in the forum earlier, people are getting their results and dates at the same time. Either way I wish everyone luck and hopefully this torture ends soon enough.
Officially, we should get them at the same time from the OR. Some dates have already been posted and checked so we jumped the gun a little by knowing our OCS dates before official results were released.

But we definitely don't know about the Pro-Rec either way yet...

jpham89

ProRec Y SNFO
Contributor
Looks like Tuesday it is!

On a separate note, does anyone happen to know if you are age critical if they will ship you out ASAP? I turn 32 in February and assuming I get accepted (fingers crossed!), will it be likely I’m out the door by the end of December?

exNavyOffRec

Officially, we should get them at the same time from the OR. Some dates have already been posted and checked so we jumped the gun a little by knowing our OCS dates before official results were released.

But we definitely don't know about the Pro-Rec either way yet...

I can guarantee you that you will know if you are a Pro Y before they hand you plane tickets :D

Ghost SWO

Contributor
I can guarantee you that you will know if you are a Pro Y before they hand you plane tickets :D
Lol,

Do you know anything about the older age guys maybe getting pushed to the front if they might need an age waiver? I'll be in a similar position as @jpham89 except in May.

Or is the age waiver a non-issue after selection and more of a formality?

oadams2

In the past age critical individuals would bet pushed to the front, it just depends how age critical you are.
I was hoping/assuming that's the case. I'll turn 32 just days after the early Jan OCS class is set to graduate IIRC, so I've basically got one shot at this.

I've been lurking on here till now, but I updated the sheet. I'm pretty much average across the board: 56 6/7/6, non prior, flight experience (not a lot, but I've logged solo, CC, night & sim. IMC in very busy airspace around the Boston area), MA in Communication, cumulative 3.00 GPA if I did the math right.

DylDozer

SNA PROREC-Y
Contributor
If the previous board took 6 weeks, that means we may not get the results till 2nd week of December

I'm going to remain optimistic that it will be today, and if it doesn't happen I will be newly optimistic about tomorrow. lol

Like everyone else (assumedly), I am enjoying this process and I enjoy letting myself get excited by the idea of having results post and sharing their reception with this community- I feel like it's a fun environment on this forum seeing everyone else's excitement and anticipation and getting to be a part of it.

Lets stay hopeful and not get stressed about it- it'll happen when it happens. Just hope it happens before Thanksgiving :)