• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

Ghost SWO

Contributor
I'd love to stay in the fight. So any airframe that allows me to shoot things and blow stuff up.
Hmm, Navy doesn't drop many bombs, but the Navy does at least provide the opportunity. Army leadership just doesn't know how to use the Navy aircraft from what I've heard.

Staying in the fight is probably more in line with Army WO's. I think the Navy is a lot more deterrent oriented.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have opportunity too. Maybe with a new president things will get a lot more interesting around the world and give us more to do.

oadams2

That and the C-40A are #2 and #3 for me
I’ve heard they have some of the best quality of life, being land based, plus it’s an easy jump to airlines if that’s your goal.

I personally would be happy flying anything, but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t want fast jets #1. E/C-2 and tilt-rotors #2-3. I think it’s hard to go wrong, though — they’d all be cool.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
That's part of it, also it'd be good for transitioning into the airline industry if I decide to do that.
To be fair though, the airlines were offering rotary-transition programs before COVID hit. They don't care what you flew, as long as you had the appropriate licenses and hours.

If you want to fly larger aircraft for the sake of transition later, that is seriously not a matter of concern, at least in the current airline market for pilots. Fly whatever you want! They'll get you trained and type-rated later.

jpham89

ProRec Y SNFO
Contributor
.. I would love to fly a strike jet! But if not, it’s not the end of the world but if an opportunity exists for me to be type rated, sure why not! One of the beautiful things in Aviation is that you’re constantly learning and I would be immensely grateful for whatever education and knowledge I can get!

Ghost SWO

Contributor
I'm not putting a huge emphasis on airlines in that decision. If I wanted to be an airline pilot I would just do that from the beginning. P8s just seem like a fun aircraft/mission. I'd also rather be stationed at Jacksonville or Whidbey Island than Lemoore.
Yeah! That's one reason I almost favor the idea of an EA-18 vs the F-18. I like the electronic warfare aspect of the job, I find of all that fascinating. Those P3/8 bases seems to be pretty stellar and from what I've heard, NFO's love their assignments to those aircraft as well.