• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

exNavyOffRec

The guy that reviews the packages, Paul Celestin, was on leave until Monday the 21st, so he’s going through a couple weeks of submissions.
There are several civilian processors at NRC not just one, the reason everyone knows Mr Celestin is that he is the primary one that deals with fleet applicants and as such he is the one who's name is out there.

It is rare to have a military do ANY work as a processor at NRC, if there is one there currently they were probably shifted there, sometimes military have been in typically civilian positions to assist when people are out for abnormally long times, and sometimes they are shifted there because something happened in another position they were in and they needed to be "put" somewhere.

Coriolanus

Pro-Rec SNA
lol nice. I bet it's a lot of the reason people decide to leave the program because it's not what they expect.
When I went to meps again to submit this package, I went the day wall the Marines went... Hearing their stories and expectations of military life was....interesting. I only know Air Force life, but these kids had some very creative expectations lol.

sasebobeast

When I went to meps again to submit this package, I went the day wall the Marines went... Hearing their stories and expectations of military life was....interesting. I only know Air Force life, but these kids had some very creative expectations lol.

Yeah lol, I think the day I went it was late-May 2020 in Los Angeles MEPS. We had roughly 250 people that morning. It was like 45% Army, 35% Marines, and 20% Navy, and 0% Air Force. All the future Army and Marines enlisting kept talking about their MOS, and about how great life was going to be when they get in, many of them were going infantry... I did not see one Air Force person at MEPS that day lol. For some reason, all the people who failed the movement exercises, or just did not make weight in accordance with their height that morning were all Navy.

Last edited:

Ghost SWO

Contributor

lol man, I had a blast going back to MEPS. All of the wild things you hear just gave me an ear to ear grin for most of the day.

Coriolanus

Pro-Rec SNA
lol man, I had a blast going back to MEPS. All of the wild things you hear just gave me an ear to ear grin for most of the day.
The last time I went was in 2013 before I left for the Air Force. So many things stay the same haha. Everyone is either gun ho excited or getting cold feet!

Ghost SWO

Contributor
The last time I went was in 2013 before I left for the Air Force. So many things stay the same haha. Everyone is either gun ho excited or getting cold feet!

Yeah that caught me off guard, dispelling some rumors that were still around. I was like how is this still a thing? I went mid 2014 If I remember right. It was nice to be able to give a little bit of advice here or there and give some encouragement to some people.

Did the attendees have green, yellow, or red dots on their nametags?

I had three red dots... Come to find out at the end of the MEPS visit that they meant how long they thought the medical interview would take. I got lucky, or it was pre-ordained lol. I was able to talk to a prior orthopedic surgeon about my prior leg issues so he knew every single term I was throwing at him. That was a huge blessing.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Hey did anyone else's google spreadsheet for the board just delete like half to candidates? I just went to check it and like half of the people who were there previously are now gone from the SNA/NFO selection spreadsheet that was started... Maybe I'm cray but I cannot see cells 18-27 on the spreadsheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iKmUBwMAY9UEPfyVKlvmPqlzn4fDEtWG85xPwuGON74/edit#gid=0

I fixed it. People keep messing with the filter button I think when the filter is already set. I wish we could lock that feature.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Yeah lol, I think the day I went it was late-May 2020 in Los Angeles MEPS. We had roughly 250 people that morning. It was like 45% Army, 35% Marines, and 20% Navy, and 0% Air Force. All the future Army and Marines enlisting kept talking about their MOS, and about how great life was going to be when they get in, many of them were going infantry... I did not see one Air Force person at MEPS that day lol. For some reason, all the people who failed the movement exercises, or just did not make weight in accordance with their height that morning were all Navy.

That's funny. I like to see the excitement though, it makes me look forward to what's next. Having been through it before, I'm 100% ready to do it again lol.

Triumph_MAC

That's funny. I like to see the excitement though, it makes me look forward to what's next. Having been through it before, I'm 100% ready to do it again lol.
I'm right there with you. I'm excited to have an opportunity to potentially go back to a training environment like that. I have great memories of boot camp and my training pipeline. It really makes me laugh looking back at some of the shenanigans we all had to go through.

Can do

I've known about this site for a while, I hope we all reach our goal.

Second time taking ASTB

Applying for SNA

OAR: 51
ASTB: 6/7/7
GPA: 3.00 (grad 3.8, undergrad 2.7)
Degree: M.Ed Counseling
Prior Service: N

Last edited: