• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Howdy Y'all. I've been watching these chats since january and it looks like I've been approved with a large number of others. I'm not on any board because I have to go to MEPS again, but I'd love to shoot the sh1t with you.

Opting for SNA/NFO
Major: Mechanical Engineering
GPA: 2.5 (Yes I know...)
ASTB: 54 6/8/7
Prior Service: N
LORS: Ret Cmdr p-3 pilot, and 3 Senior Enlisted men from various branches.

Welcome, when you do apply that 8 is a heavy hitter.

NobleJ

SNA
Based on the attrition article, I don't think so. It seems more related to a loss of interest through a long pipeline. (Table 5 - Difficulties encountered during training)
View attachment 27470View attachment 27471
I would almost put those physical related activities under Table 4 for, "Not physically qualified", "Physical training failure", or "Practical work failure", which are all pretty low.

I think most people just lose interest and quit. I think during the API portion morale would be high and you'd have very few drop-outs. Personal motivation decreases with time.
I hear you.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
I've gone through and searched the names to find recent posts of individuals that were pending on the excel. If we did not receive an update before the 18 Sep cut-off through today, I have removed your information from the spreadsheet. There's no reason to keep extraneous data on the sheet, it will just alter averages and totals for no reason.

I removed four individuals from the excel:
Marmaduke123 - Let us know about your updates!
Revitalized - Confirmed and is now posting in Jan board forum.
Biscuitsandgravy - Awaiting MEPS clearance for eyesight, nothing heard since Sep 17.
Bravo 6 - Awaiting waiver, nothing heard since Sep 11.

If you have in fact made this board and I removed you, please re-add or say so and I'll add you back in.

If you're following this forum and don't have access to post, please add your info to the excel sheet if you're applying to this board!

Ghost SWO

Contributor
If anyone noticed you couldn't filter the excel stats, it's fixed now.

I wouldn't mess with the filter button, it's doesn't need to be altered.

DylDozer

SNA PROREC-Y
Contributor
Long time lurker, now getting anxious about the results- hope my GPA doesn't hold up my package

SNA/NFO
Major: Medical Laboratory Science (BS)/ MBA Healthcare Admin
GPA: 2.5 BS/ 3.0 MBA
ASTB: 61 7/7/6
Prior Service: Y - HM3 5 Years

Coriolanus

Pro-Rec SNA
Long time lurker, now getting anxious about the results- hope my GPA doesn't hold up my package

SNA/NFO
Major: Medical Laboratory Science (BS)/ MBA Healthcare Admin
GPA: 2.5 BS/ 3.0 MBA
ASTB: 61 7/7/6
Prior Service: Y - HM3 5 Years
I've seen a few that low get in as far as GPA goes. How do you feel about the rest of your package?

amclouth

I submitted my package early last week which was before the deadline on Friday the 18th. Still have not recieved a confirmation email. I reached out to officer applications and ocsquestions email. Would anyone know the next step or contact I could reach out to. Just want to confirm my application status. Applying for NFO on Nov 2nd board.
The guy that reviews the packages, Paul Celestin, was on leave until Monday the 21st, so he’s going through a couple weeks of submissions.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
So.... I'm ashamed to admit this but only just watched Top Gun last night.... for then first time. Not a bad movie! I can see how that movie encouraged many people to want to fly!

lol nice. I bet it's a lot of the reason people decide to leave the program because it's not what they expect.