• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

oadams2

Oh I see, that makes sense thanks for the advice! I actually did that at MEPS to try and make one stand out more but I wasn't sure how much I could move around lol.
The MEPS DP test is wicked sketchy. I took two different thorough eye exams for the FAA and aced both of them, but I failed the depth test at MEPS — not sure why. (I was able to get the FAA paperwork submitted as a replacement.)

I’m nervous about NAMI because of all the horror stories I’ve heard. I don’t have anything to worry about that I know of, but I’ll be much happier after it’s done.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
The MEPS DP test is wicked sketchy. I took two different thorough eye exams for the FAA and aced both of them, but I failed the depth test at MEPS — not sure why. (I was able to get the FAA paperwork submitted as a replacement.)

I’m nervous about NAMI because of all the horror stories I’ve heard. I don’t have anything to worry about that I know of, but I’ll be much happier after it’s done.
Yeah I've heard a couple times now the the NAMI doctors do try to get you through if they can so that is reassuring.

H_ZNgineer

On or above Cloud 9
Did anybody else have trouble falling asleep yesterday too? I was full of energy until 4am (literally could not sleep) and still felt like I was in a dream, maybe my brain didn't want to go to sleep in case I was dreaming?

I joked that now all we have to do is make sure to stay out of trouble, but given the Covid situation I doubt any of us will have much chance to get in trouble to begin with!

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Did anybody else have trouble falling asleep yesterday too? I was full of energy until 4am (literally could not sleep) and still felt like I was in a dream, maybe my brain didn't want to go to sleep in case I was dreaming?
Ha, yeah a little bit. I laid in bed wondering what it would be like going back to a basic training environment, not being being in a comfortable bed, what ship deployments are like... Looking at a carrier in the middle of an ocean like "Yeah that's my landing spot" haha.
I joked that now all we have to do is make sure to stay out of trouble, but given the Covid situation I doubt any of us will have much chance to get in trouble to begin with!
True LOL.

Marcus_Aurelius

Ha, yeah a little bit. I laid in bed wondering what it would be like going back to a basic training environment, not being being in a comfortable bed...

IDK about you, man, but the best nights sleep I ever had were either in Army Basic Training or out in the field/deployed. Too tired to even worry about the comfort, you just fall right to sleep lol

Ghost SWO

Contributor
IDK about you, man, but the best nights sleep I ever had were either in Army Basic Training or out in the field/deployed. Too tired to even worry about the comfort, you just fall right to sleep lol
Oh yes, I remember haha. But my bed is nice and warm and comfortable lol.

I've heard it's the same way on a ship, it just rocks you to sleep. Best sleep ever.

Marcus_Aurelius

And here I thought I would never have to learn hospital corners again...

Lol I always hated having to make my bed (still do). But I absolutely hate having a messy bed. To this day, I still sleep on top of my covers with a small blanket so that I don't mess up my bed. Then in the morning, I just fold the blanket and put it at the foot of the bed. Efficient.

Forgedinwater

Lol I always hated having to make my bed (still do). But I absolutely hate having a messy bed. To this day, I still sleep on top of my covers with a small blanket so that I don't mess up my bed. Then in the morning, I just fold the blanket and put it at the foot of the bed. Efficient.
Haha will this work in ocs?

Forgedinwater

Most likely not. The only blanket you will be given will be the one that is required to be on the bed.

You could, however, wear your winter pt uniform to bed and sleep on top of the covers...
Haha well I'm not generally a lazy person, but an extra 10 minutes is an extra 10 minutes. This works especially well as ill likely be there in October or November.