• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Pro No for me. However, I still have an intel package that got boarded on 30 Nov. I also found out I was selected for the WOFT program. Now I just decide to wait for the Navy Intel board results or jump ship and swim to the shore for the Army.
Congrats to everyone that got selected for pilot or NFO. I'm sure our paths will all cross at some point in the future. FT. Rucker is only 70 miles from Pensacola!!
Your response was full of emotional high and lows for me. Glad you've got some other selections and some serious decisions to make!

My job was to brief the Army pilots weather intel before every flight and deployed a couple places with them so if you have questions about that Army aviator lifestyle let me know!

Genghis95

I have a waiver of standards for Beta Thalassemia Minor (a microcytic anemia condition) from NAMI. The source document is the US Navy Aeromedical Reference and Waiver Guide. You can search through there if you happen to already know what may disqualify you and see if a waiver can be granted for it. Here's the link:

I know it was mentioned earlier in this post. But are you physically qualified based on findings at MEPS and Wavers obtained post MEPS before you are viewed/selected at the Boards?

Ghost SWO

Contributor
I know it was mentioned earlier in this post. But are you physically qualified based on findings at MEPS and Wavers obtained post MEPS before you are viewed/selected at the Boards?
Correct, everyone receives a PQ letter before going to board.

Genghis95

Also, I have received a picture with my names on it as selected but waiting for the official call from my recruiter. Called him yesterday but he hasn’t seen anything on his end yet… so just waiting for his call to make it official.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Also, I have received a picture with my names on it as selected but waiting for the official call from my recruiter. Called him yesterday but he hasn’t seen anything on his end yet… so just waiting for his call to make it official.
... What on earth are they waiting on? Probably not looking in the right place lol... OR's are supposed to notify "Immediately" of selection results.

krs0313

Not sure if this answers your question, but it’s technically “illegal” for you OR to submit your package to the board if there’s anything that is medically disqualifying without any kind of waiver. So if you made it to the board, you’re qualified.

However, if you haven’t been to NAMI yet (which most people who are only submitting a package to Navy board have not been), then there’s always a chance that something else comes up at NAMI that is disqualifying (but you could still potentially get a waiver in that case, depending on the issue).

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Well would you look at that. I had 6' in my head as the limit for some reason.
That would eliminate a lot of people. I suppose a fighter could have different limitations but this is it generally...

I also only have the paper no recruiter contact, this recruiters office has been the worse experience 2 year process due to continued mistake at the office
Wow what a joke...

Forgedinwater

While I'm thinking about it...

This took me a minute to find when the navy moved the OCS website, so in case anyone is wondering what to bring, or what to study before they get there, here it is.

I know recruiters are supposed to give this to everyone, but mine has basically left me to my own devices since I met him, and it sounds like all recruiters aren't the best. Everyone may already know about this, but if this helps one person, It's done its job.