• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

KaleDaSquid

AW Deity and aspiring Aviator
Contributor
Was it the test with three little cylinders on each section with the white circles on them? I love that test.

Hmmm from what you are describing sounds about right @krs0313. I think you summed it up better than I would have to be honest lol! @Ghost SWO Just remember to move your head around and focus on the target. Makes it so much easier than looking at the individual circles. Trick I was told when I got a civilian eye exam. So fixed eyes and rotate your head lol. Looks funky but really works. I actually failed the MEPs eye exam. Passed both NAMI and civ exams. Thankfully and cleared me for the 25 Jan boards.

How did both of you fair out on this boards?

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Hmmm from what you are describing sounds about right @krs0313. I think you summed it up better than I would have to be honest lol! @Ghost SWO Just remember to move your head around and focus on the target. Makes it so much easier than looking at the individual circles. Trick I was told when I got a civilian eye exam. So fixed eyes and rotate your head lol. Looks funky but really works. I actually failed the MEPs eye exam. Passed both NAMI and civ exams. Thankfully and cleared me for the 25 Jan boards.

How did both of you fair out on this boards?
Oh I see, that makes sense thanks for the advice! I actually did that at MEPS to try and make one stand out more but I wasn't sure how much I could move around lol.

Marcus_Aurelius

To piggyback off the idea that @johnnybgood83 wrote, I've sent out a message to those with my OCS date. I've created a Google Drive for those with my OCS date so that we can start accumulating study material for OCS and flight school.

I recommend others who share the same OCS dates do the same and help each other prepare. That way, you can get to know those in your class and go into OCS prepared together.

If anyone does not share an OCS date with others, message me and I will give you the link to my Google Drive and you can prepare with us.

johnnybgood83

To piggyback off the idea that @johnnybgood83 wrote, I've sent out a message to those with my OCS date. I've created a Google Drive for those with my OCS date so that we can start accumulating study material for OCS and flight school.

I recommend others who share the same OCS dates do the same and help each other prepare. That way, you can get to know those in your class and go into OCS prepared together.

If anyone does not share an OCS date with others, message me and I will give you the link to my Google Drive and you can prepare with us.
I think this idea is great. Even a Group Me message group would be helpful to keep up with everyone on this board. I hear Group Me is used heavily in flight school.

I created a group if anyone would like to join. Message me or copy this link: https://groupme.com/join_group/64430656/tnRYeFpi

Philburn92

Just wanna say best of luck I feel for you I live in Southeast Texas about an hour from Lake Charles I’ve been doing underwater engineering in the areas devastated by Laura and Delta since I moved here. Gators dolphins and sharks all over these dang rivers. Hold fast the city will rebuild. Until then stay positive, you’re about to fly out of there. maybe look for a FEMA contract project to tide you over.

Beaumont by any chance?

krs0313

Regarding vision and NAMI, do we have to get another vision exam?
You will get one at NAMI, I believe at OCS (although that could be wrong), and you will get one before beginning flight school (I'm pretty sure). And you will have to get one every year after that as well.

A lot of this info I've gotten from USMC aviators, but I imagine it's the same for Navy. Also not sure how it differs for NFO vs SNA (if at all).

krs0313

Can someone post the spreadsheet so I can update my portion? I am not sure what page it is on.

kyleerlich

My CO called me today to congratulate me on the SNA PROREC-Y, so for all of you fellow AD guys and girls out there the wait shouldn't be much longer.... admittedly it was a little bit weird since I already saw the list before I got the call. Still, it was nice to hear it straight from the Captain's mouth!

Marcus_Aurelius

My CO called me today to congratulate me on the SNA PROREC-Y, so for all of you fellow AD guys and girls out there the wait shouldn't be much longer.... admittedly it was a little bit weird since I already saw the list before I got the call. Still, it was nice to hear it straight from the Captain's mouth!

So glad you got in man! (Though let's be honest, we all knew you would)