• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

02AUG2021 Pilot/NFO Board

KK1

USMMA 1C MIDSHIPMAN, SUBMITTING IN SEPT 21. DOES THE MEPS PHYSICAL HAVE TO BE COMPLETED BEFORE THE BOARD WILL MAKE A DECISION? PACKAGE IS COMPLETE WITH LOR, ASTB, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS BUT ACADEMY LASION HAS NOT SCHEDULED PHYSICALS.

flatspinturkeyb

69 9/9/9 GPA: b4d
USMMA 1C MIDSHIPMAN, SUBMITTING IN SEPT 21. DOES THE MEPS PHYSICAL HAVE TO BE COMPLETED BEFORE THE BOARD WILL MAKE A DECISION? PACKAGE IS COMPLETE WITH LOR, ASTB, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS BUT ACADEMY LASION HAS NOT SCHEDULED PHYSICALS.
Here's the thread for the upcoming SNA/SNFO board. Cutoff for submission is 9/15 and my understanding is MEPS needs to be complete.

Made an excel for us in the August board upcoming. let me know if it needs any tweaks. put your info in and watch it grow!

Any comments on the people that weren’t selected? Like I see some had decent gpa 3.0+ and lime scores all 8s and good OAR still didn’t get selected. People always say all you need is decent gpa and 7/7/7 line scores, but what else am I missing? I know it’s speculation as to why they didn’t get selected but any guesses?

exNavyOffRec

Any comments on the people that weren’t selected? Like I see some had decent gpa 3.0+ and lime scores all 8s and good OAR still didn’t get selected. People always say all you need is decent gpa and 7/7/7 line scores, but what else am I missing? I know it’s speculation as to why they didn’t get selected but any guesses?
non-medical waivers are a possibility, many people don't like to talk about their waivers and several have PM'd from various boards talking about their waivers and the non selection.

Kyle42

I had 7/7/7 and a decent gpa and didn’t get selected (only applied for SNA). As far as I know, 7’s aren't a sure fire select like 8’s are so I’m trying to get my PPL and be more involved in the community to help out my package.

exNavyOffRec

I had 7/7/7 and a decent gpa and didn’t get selected (only applied for SNA). As far as I know, 7’s aren't a sure fire select like 8’s are so I’m trying to get my PPL and be more involved in the community to help out my package.

This varies but for the longest time 7's were a 50/50 shot, with how they are limiting application per board that might be skewed a bit.

AD selectee here. Still haven't gotten a class date yet. Should I be concerned? On one hand I know I should let my command work it out but on the other hand I feel like contacting Mr. Celestine myself would expedite the process.

ABACA

AD selectee here. Still haven't gotten a class date yet. Should I be concerned? On one hand I know I should let my command work it out but on the other hand I feel like contacting Mr. Celestine myself would expedite the process.
Same situation here. I called Paul myself however he just said CO/XO or anyone designated just needs to tell him via email when you can go. Seems pretty ambiguous to me. I just let my CoC know my preferred time to go and hopefully they’ll relay that to Paul. I would just say just make sure your command has reached out. I don’t think calling him will speed anything up as he needs to hear from the front office.

Broseph_25

Same situation here. I called Paul myself however he just said CO/XO or anyone designated just needs to tell him via email when you can go. Seems pretty ambiguous to me. I just let my CoC know my preferred time to go and hopefully they’ll relay that to Paul. I would just say just make sure your command has reached out. I don’t think calling him will speed anything up as he needs to hear from the front office.

It was my CO that emailed Paul my availability date. Was given a class date the next day. As long as your CoC is tracking what your preferred release date is and they are working on it then it will only be a matter of time before you get your class date. Trust but verify

RSPaviator

Anyone know what happened to the spreadsheet, It looks like cells are either hidden or filtered, but I can't find where

RSPaviator

Anyone know what happened to the spreadsheet, It looks like cells are either hidden or filtered, but I can't find where
Never mind, I found where it was sorted ?

Deegy15

Aviation Structural Mechanic - Safety Equipment

Your CoC has been notified that you're selected? If yes, they just have to email Mr. Celestin to when the command can release you. Mr. Celestin couldn't move forward if your command doesn't have a release date.

As soon as Mr. Celestine emailed my CoC about my "selection letter", my CoC emailed back within a day or two with my "projected/ available release date." as per my CoC, our Assistance Maintenance Officer AMO was incharge of manning. so CO/XO/CMC/AMO were in charge of my release date. Mr. Celestin emailed back immediately after he received that date.

Last edited:

skb832

I recently scored a 63 7/5/7 on the ASTB. I am applying for SNA. Just wondering if someone has any experience weeing people with decent ASTB scores but a poor PFAR score that was selected. Trying to decide if I need to retake.

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
I recently scored a 63 7/5/7 on the ASTB. I am applying for SNA. Just wondering if someone has any experience weeing people with decent ASTB scores but a poor PFAR score that was selected. Trying to decide if I need to retake.
Like I said on the other board. Take it again AFTER your board has made its decision. If you score better, it'll allow you to forgo the usual 6 month wait period for applying again due to a material change in your packet.