• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

02AUG2021 Pilot/NFO Board

Lolzach69

mRNA vaccines have been around since 1990-91. All legitimate research shows the vaccine as totally safe and better than getting actual Covid. Also, my dad is an ER pulmonologist and everyone hospitalized/dying are unvaccinated
I’ll take it when they absolutely make me. Which I assume will be OCS. I don’t really believe too many grand conspiracies about the vaccine and I’m definitely not too good to take it, I’m just apprehensive about taking a vax that was hurried as much as this one. A normal fda timeline for a drug would look like a full pre trial phase plus three phases of trial studies that are generally over a year long each followed by final FDA approval. It takes this long for something to get approved because they have to make absolutely sure that they’ve ironed the kinks out and know 100% what the long term side effects are. They had this one out in 9 months flat so I’m very suspicious that anyone knows what the long term side effects are. That said, I want to be a naval aviator more than I want to avoid being one of the lab rats for this vax ?
mRNA vaccines were developed specifically because they do NOT have long term side effects. A quick google search will show you this

Danpf

What vaccine did you all get? I know the DOD will begin mandating the vaccination in the coming month or two but am curious as to which most of you are getting or got.
I got Pfizer back in March/ April as well. I had the typical arm soreness but ran a 100+ fever, had body aches and chills after both for about a day. The medical school I work for has alluded to it coming off the emergency use authorization sometime in the next 2 months so it’s going to end up being required just like a meningitis vaccine or any others at some point. I was pretty skeptical because I worked in research for drug development and know how long it takes to produce reliable vaccines/ treatments. BUT a lot of that lengthy timeline comes from lack of funding. There was no lack of funding for a virus that shut down the whole world. Additionally the spike protein makes the virus easier to target, which made producing a vaccine much easier. I still think the decision to get the vaccine should be left up to each person, for the general public at least, especially since it’s still such a new vaccine with no real long term studies. Right now it’s the only way out of this though.

Lolzach69

I got Pfizer back in March/ April as well. I had the typical arm soreness but ran a 100+ fever, had body aches and chills after both for about a day. The medical school I work for has alluded to it coming off the emergency use authorization sometime in the next 2 months so it’s going to end up being required just like a meningitis vaccine or any others at some point. I was pretty skeptical because I worked in research for drug development and know how long it takes to produce reliable vaccines/ treatments. BUT a lot of that lengthy timeline comes from lack of funding. There was no lack of funding for a virus that shut down the whole world. Additionally the spike protein makes the virus easier to target, which made producing a vaccine much easier. I still think the decision to get the vaccine should be left up to each person, for the general public at least, especially since it’s still such a new vaccine with no real long term studies. Right now it’s the only way out of this though.
Great post. Excellent insight on the research process. I agree it should be left up to each person. But each person needs to make an informed decision based on real research and science, not Facebook or Fox News. It’s amazing that we have the most powerful knowledge seeking solution ever built (the internet) but what gets propagated most is bullshit and gossip

Danpf

Great post. Excellent insight on the research process. I agree it should be left up to each person. But each person needs to make an informed decision based on real research and science, not Facebook or Fox News. It’s amazing that we have the most powerful knowledge seeking solution ever built (the internet) but what gets propagated most is bullshit and gossip
Thank ya! I couldn’t agree more. News and social media have agendas and are mostly meant for entertainment at this point ?

luckynumbr27

I sincerely hope we all get picked up on this board because I can already feel how fascinating all of our conversations will be when we need to pass the time in OCS talking philosophy/history/science/whatever.

Lolzach69

Any other engaged/married people in this group? Would be cool to find other couples as long as you’re not weirdos

exNavyOffRec

mRNA vaccines have been around since 1990-91. All legitimate research shows the vaccine as totally safe and better than getting actual Covid. Also, my dad is an ER pulmonologist and everyone most hospitalized/dying are unvaccinated
FIFY, 2 of the 8 I spoke of that were at my coworkers reunion had to be hospitalized as have a few of my friends/friends family.

One of my longtime friends has been giving up little bits of info, as his brother is working on the vaccine in someway/shape/form, pretty much he will make some comment and then several weeks later the news will say the same thing about the vaccine, he is good with it and I trust him so I am good with it, for me it is about choice, for you waiting to go in if they mandate it then if you want to serve you need to get it, for those in if they want to continue they need to get it, now for those in if it is later determined to cause issues they will get disability payments.

Lolzach69

FIFY, 2 of the 8 I spoke of that were at my coworkers reunion had to be hospitalized as have a few of my friends/friends family.

One of my longtime friends has been giving up little bits of info, as his brother is working on the vaccine in someway/shape/form, pretty much he will make some comment and then several weeks later the news will say the same thing about the vaccine, he is good with it and I trust him so I am good with it, for me it is about choice, for you waiting to go in if they mandate it then if you want to serve you need to get it, for those in if they want to continue they need to get it, now for those in if it is later determined to cause issues they will get disability payments.
I’m sorry to hear about your friends and family. I am fortunate and have not seen any close ones get Covid

exNavyOffRec

I’m sorry to hear about your friends and family. I am fortunate and have not seen any close ones get Covid

in general (besides hospital for a few days, none on ventilator) they say the worst is losing smell and taste, no matter what they drink it taste like water or carbonated water and for food they can feel the texture but that is it, one yesterday told me he has lost 10 lbs in the past week.

Navy21

OCS
Contributor
Just got my first vaccine dose, Pfizer.

Dang, should have waited for that disability check chance, lol.

exNavyOffRec

Just got my first vaccine dose, Pfizer.

Dang, should have waited for that disability check chance, lol.
It is the second one that role the dice on, some feel nothing, others have been knocked out for many hours, my manager got his second first thing in the morning and around noon he feel asleep at his desk while on a conference call lol.