• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

02AUG2021 Pilot/NFO Board

Jvilla96

I got the medically cleared for pilot OCS letter from CNRC medical without anthro… I’m sure if I get picked up I’ll have to do it at OCS, but I did not need it to go to board. AD as well.
That’s wild cause they were trying to deny my submission for the August board until I turned mine in. That was the reason I didn’t make the May board. But as soon as I submitted it, I was placed on this one. I still wouldn’t leave it up to chance. Admin bs is the last thing I’d want for a prorec-N

luckynumbr27

Sup nerds, let’s keep the good vibes rolling. What’re people’s occupations right now while applying for commission? (active duty people we get it, you’re cooler than us).
Kind of work for my dad, kind of day trade meme stocks, kind of drive for uber eats ? Lol, after I finished grad school this year, I was in the process of sending my resume out to some big boy jobs and literally the same day I found out I was on the AT board list. So now if I get picked up, I'm seriously considering not getting a real job at all and just travelling around the country visiting old college/military buddies and extended family before OCS since at that point my @$$ will be spoken for for the next ten years and there just aren't good opportunities to spend quality time with anyone when you're active duty.

BDavis11

Contributor
Thanks everyone! It sounds like I need to give medical some training.
you definitely do. You go ask for a flight physical as an OCS applicant. This is the longest portion of your package. It took me almost 5 months to get my stuff back from NAMI saying I was cleared. It caused me to miss the board I was originally going for. Where are you stationed?

Antman411

OCS Applicant
you definitely do. You go ask for a flight physical as an OCS applicant. This is the longest portion of your package. It took me almost 5 months to get my stuff back from NAMI saying I was cleared. It caused me to miss the board I was originally going for. Where are you stationed?
I had a feeling it would be something like that. Their argument is that it will only be good for 90 days so then I would have to do it over every time I submit. I’m up in Whidbey Island

BDavis11

Contributor
I had a feeling it would be something like that. Their argument is that it will only be good for 90 days so then I would have to do it over every time I submit. I’m up in Whidbey Island
So it says that but however, my physical was completed back in Sept 2020. I didn't get Nami approved until lets say Dec 2020. And I just submitted for the Aug 2 2021 board. Got everything in to Mr. Celestine and everything good to go. Only issue was I didnt get to submit til the exact deadline. So I didn't make the at-board list. But you get the timeline.

Antman411

OCS Applicant
So it says that but however, my physical was completed back in Sept 2020. I didn't get Nami approved until lets say Dec 2020. And I just submitted for the Aug 2 2021 board. Got everything in to Mr. Celestine and everything good to go. Only issue was I didnt get to submit til the exact deadline. So I didn't make the at-board list. But you get the timeline.
Shoooooo. Thanks for the info. I’m a little less optimistic about making that November board now, but at least I know

Lolzach69

Sup nerds, let’s keep the good vibes rolling. What’re people’s occupations right now while applying for commission? (active duty people we get it, you’re cooler than us).
Born and raised in Ft Walton right next to Eglin AFB and not far from Pcola. Currently working at a small defense contractor (not an engineer)

Kyle42

Working as a geology and biology research assistant in dc. Since I just graduated in May it’s been sporty setting up a backup career and this. Keeping the fingers crossed ?

Joshkp08

New guy here! Not sure if my package made it to the board for 4th because Paul never responded to me but I received an email 2 weeks ago that my package was going to the next eligible board. Do results get leaked prior to coming out or is it just waiting game??

exNavyOffRec

I did the commissioning physical, which included labs, EKG, and optometry, but no measurements at Bangor. The OCS application checklist has all of the medical forms required spelled out, which doesn’t involve a flight physical per se I don’t think. I think CNRC medically cleared me in about 2 days, they’re pretty quick once you submit your application. That does need to be done prior to the deadline, so submit your package a week or two earlier for medical and waiver clearances.
yep, the medical is sent to NRC and then N3M aka whatever they change the name to, N3M will then issue a PQ letter and will defer final qualification in aviation programs to NAMI, N3M just makes the initial determination, NAMI will do there thing later on.

Busey96

New guy here! Not sure if my package made it to the board for 4th because Paul never responded to me but I received an email 2 weeks ago that my package was going to the next eligible board. Do results get leaked prior to coming out or is it just waiting game??
Just a waiting game. If you haven’t already go ahead and go back to see if you’re on the at board list, might be helpful. Good luck either way though, we’re all pulling for each other.