• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

02AUG2021 Pilot/NFO Board

Antman411

OCS Applicant
I figured this would be a good place to post since it was the most recent one.
I'm on active duty and am currently in the process of submitting my package for the November board. I did my commissioning physical today and was told they only do the flight physical (EKG, labs, anthro measurements, waivers, optometry) AFTER I find out if I am selected. Is this right? This sounds super weird to me and everyone I have talked to. Especially because it says it is part of the checklist for fleet applicants (and the anthro measurements are part of the checklist in 1420.) I searched on here and haven't found anything. Does anyone have some good credible information? I'm concerned my package will never be forward to the board if it is missing a big chunk of medical stuff.
This is going through Naval Hospital Oak Harbor, btw. Cheers.

Val135

I'm on active duty and am currently in the process of submitting my package for the November board. I did my commissioning physical today and was told they only do the flight physical (EKG, labs, anthro measurements, waivers, optometry) AFTER I find out if I am selected. Is this right? This sounds super weird to me and everyone I have talked to. Especially because it says it is part of the checklist for fleet applicants (and the anthro measurements are part of the checklist in 1420.) I searched on here and haven't found anything. Does anyone have some good credible information? I'm concerned my package will never be forward to the board if it is missing a big chunk of medical stuff.

I am AD as well, I did my Flight Physical, and had to submit it through medical to NAMI, and then submit it with my package. You have to be cleared medically before the package will be sent for review at the board. Mr. Celestine, won't forward your package to the board without medical completed. I had a friend who was told the same thing and his package was held and delayed because he needed to get cleared medically, which as you know can be time-consuming, especially if appointments need to be made.

ABACA

I don’t know if this will clarify anything but I am AD as well but I’m a flyer so we do our Flight physicals already. From what I understand Anthros are not required when submitting. That’s the part that gets done later, however I think you need to be cleared medically flight wise to be able to apply. You have to complete labs, specific optometry exams, ekg, etc. In my case I did those things as well as preliminary measurements to appease my flight doc signing off on my physical. Those things should be included in your commissioning physical for an aviation program.

JoeBob1788

I did the commissioning physical, which included labs, EKG, and optometry, but no measurements at Bangor. The OCS application checklist has all of the medical forms required spelled out, which doesn’t involve a flight physical per se I don’t think. I think CNRC medically cleared me in about 2 days, they’re pretty quick once you submit your application. That does need to be done prior to the deadline, so submit your package a week or two earlier for medical and waiver clearances.

Jvilla96

I’m also AD. Had to get my EKG, anthro, labs, and the regular commissioning physical. They either 1. Don’t know what they’re talking about. 2. They don’t want to do the work. I was told by a current ensign waiting to class up that everyone had to redo their anthro measurements and other items they required prior to submitting the package. The fleet application says you need the DD 2807-2, but Mr. Celestin says you don’t. PM me, I’ll send you what he told me.

Jvilla96

I don’t know if this will clarify anything but I am AD as well but I’m a flyer so we do our Flight physicals already. From what I understand Anthros are not required when submitting. That’s the part that gets done later, however I think you need to be cleared medically flight wise to be able to apply. You have to complete labs, specific optometry exams, ekg, etc. In my case I did those things as well as preliminary measurements to appease my flight doc signing off on my physical. Those things should be included in your commissioning physical for an aviation program.
Definitely have to have Anthro measurements completed.

Val135

Yeah, I had everything done, same as Jvilla96. I received a Qualification Letter from NAMI, which I'm sure will get redone, and I also received a Physically Qualified Letter from CNRC.

JoeBob1788

Definitely have to have Anthro measurements completed.
I got the medically cleared for pilot OCS letter from CNRC medical without anthro… I’m sure if I get picked up I’ll have to do it at OCS, but I did not need it to go to board. AD as well.

JoeBob1788

I do not, however, have a NAMI letter. Just CNRC. I don’t think you need NAMI for the board, and you’ll get it done at OCS.