• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

02AUG2021 Pilot/NFO Board

BDavis11

Contributor
Lol I’m just gonna go on to say the board got scheduled for Aug 4 and the AVO board is the 2nd

exNavyOffRec

What even happens between the board and when decisions are released, does anyone know why it takes about a month normally?
assigning class dates, verifying current eligibility, making sure the candidate didn't accept for another designator, etc...... and they have a lot of other work to do besides after board items.

villo0692

What makes you say that?
I saw that too. AVO board gets together on the 2nd

I saw some news in a Navy website saying the pilot/nfo board is getting together on the 4th, but I cannot find it.

what baffles me is the fact they one would be able to "commission" as a warrant officer rightaway from being a civilian. From my Navy experience I'd argue that it is WAY harder to become a warrant, than it is to commission as an ensign.

villo0692

I saw some news in a Navy website saying the pilot/nfo board is getting together on the 4th, but I cannot find it.

what baffles me is the fact they one would be able to "commission" as a warrant officer rightaway from being a civilian. From my Navy experience I'd argue that it is WAY harder to become a warrant (the traditional way), than it is to commission as an ensign. Idk, in some sort of way I'd feel underserving of the WO1

CaptMorgan

what baffles me is the fact they one would be able to "commission" as a warrant officer rightaway from being a civilian. From my Navy experience I'd argue that it is WAY harder to become a warrant (the traditional way), than it is to commission as an ensign. Idk, in some sort of way I'd feel underserving of the WO1
That's true but if you look at the army for example, we have 18 and 19 year old warrants serving as pilots so it's not unusual, just different.