• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

02AUG2021 Pilot/NFO Board

RSPaviator

Thank you for the screenshots @CaptMorgan , I am grateful to see this information, for the most part my package meets this, with the exception of extracurriculars. That part is a little worrisome.

I am fairly new to the website and added my information to the spread sheet, a little worried with those screenshots on earlier pages with Recruiters discussing the board reaching its total SNA applicants back in may (I submitted June 5th).

Ruvo

Thank you for the screenshots @CaptMorgan , I am grateful to see this information, for the most part my package meets this, with the exception of extracurriculars. That part is a little worrisome.

I am fairly new to the website and added my information to the spread sheet, a little worried with those screenshots on earlier pages with Recruiters discussing the board reaching its total SNA applicants back in may (I submitted June 5th).
We've got an ex Navy officer recruiter floating around here and on the thread for the may board he said that despite what the PDF says, the biggest thing they look at is ASTB scores due to the limited amount of time they get per package. I think the Air Force is more "whole person" oriented.

Also, someone posted the at board list for this board a couple pages back. You can check that list and see if your name is on it. If it is, your package will be seen by the board.

RSPaviator

We've got an ex Navy officer recruiter floating around here and on the thread for the may board he said that despite what the PDF says, the biggest thing they look at is ASTB scores due to the limited amount of time they get per package. I think the Air Force is more "whole person" oriented.

Also, someone posted the at board list for this board a couple pages back. You can check that list and see if your name is on it. If it is, your package will be seen by the board.

Holy Shit, I knew I should've kept reading! I'm on the list!!!! Hoping my 7/9/8 does the trick! Thank you guys for all the info!

exNavyOffRec

Are they not typically 40/40/20 Academy/ROTC/Civilian?
nope, often OTS has no spots, for a few years they kept cancelling their pilot boards, priority goes to USAFA, then to AFROTC, and anything left to OTS.

some AF OR's will string along candidates for a few years saying "maybe later this year" or "maybe next year", the ones that I knew straight up said, nope but I can make you a navigator or missile guy.

RSPaviator

nope, often OTS has no spots, for a few years they kept cancelling their pilot boards, priority goes to USAFA, then to AFROTC, and anything left to OTS.

some AF OR's will string along candidates for a few years saying "maybe later this year" or "maybe next year", the ones that I knew straight up said, nope but I can make you a navigator or missile guy.
I was going along with the AF for over a year and not being reviewed at boards, it was 2020, so COVID and all, but I did get the impression it would take much longer to actually see a selection. Moreover, I asked upfront can I apply to both, the Navy said heck yeah, the AF said no way and had MEPS pull my physical. After a while, it seemed that the clear choice is to FLY NAVY!

exNavyOffRec

I was going along with the AF for over a year and not being reviewed at boards, it was 2020, so COVID and all, but I did get the impression it would take much longer to actually see a selection. Moreover, I asked upfront can I apply to both, the Navy said heck yeah, the AF said no way and had MEPS pull my physical. After a while, it seemed that the clear choice is to FLY NAVY!
The funny thing is once the USN pulls and gets a copy of the MEPS physical it doesn't matter anymore, also they don't actually "pull" the physical, it is just a term for getting a copy of it, MEPS owns the physical not any of the services.

Ruvo

You made the right choice, flying for the navy is cooler anyways

RSPaviator

The funny thing is once the USN pulls and gets a copy of the MEPS physical it doesn't matter anymore, also they don't actually "pull" the physical, it is just a term for getting a copy of it, MEPS owns the physical not any of the services.
The problem was the AF literally pulled it, MEPS could not find it for 3 months. I was about to do another physical when the Navy Liaison went to the AF Liaison and found it on their desk!

exNavyOffRec

The problem was the AF literally pulled it, MEPS could not find it for 3 months. I was about to do another physical when the Navy Liaison went to the AF Liaison and found it on their desk!
That is how liaisons if military can get sent back to the recruiting district, we had a civilian fired because he lost a few physicals.

flywashoe

My air force recruiter would not stop reminding me that the pilot slot is competitive. I was like yea I know. Then 3 weeks go by and I filled out all the paperwork needed in like two days, he called me saying "Hi, did you reach out for recruiters on our website for a pilot slot?". He literrally said my name out loud, still totally forgetting that we've talked before. And I had to be the one calling him to move along every step of the way. I decided to apply navy, and months ago I learned that the air force cancelled the pilot board for this year. Dodged a bullet on that one.

RSPaviator

My air force recruiter would not stop reminding me that the pilot slot is competitive. I was like yea I know. Then 3 weeks go by and I filled out all the paperwork needed in like two days, he called me saying "Hi, did you reach out for recruiters on our website for a pilot slot?". He literrally said my name out loud, still totally forgetting that we've talked before. And I had to be the one calling him to move along every step of the way. I decided to apply navy, and months ago I learned that the air force cancelled the pilot board for this year. Dodged a bullet on that one.
Yeah I had my packet already completed and ready to submit, but cancelled board after cancelled board + an alleged OTS freeze for new applicants... made the choice obvious. I am definitely in the right place now ?

Broseph_25

Question regarding the at board list: What do the NTAG number represent in the last column? I notice the names are alphabetical according to different NTAGs.