• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

02AUG2021 Pilot/NFO Board

exNavyOffRec

A Captain I know was saying October is a good time to apply because it's a new fiscal year and the recruiting command receives new quotas to be filled. Not saying that August is gonna be a total bust for SNAs but if things don’t work out, October which is the next board will be a good time to reapply. I am pretty sure last October's board results will also echo what the Captain said.
not true at all for officer recruiting, that is only for enlisted recruiting, for instance FY 22 starts Oct 1st, so anyone commissioned (graduating from OCS) after Oct 1st is using an FY 22 spot, they normally start filling those spots in March or April 2021 but this year they filled them earlier, realistically by the time October arrives about half of FY 22 spots should be filled (this year probably more will be), the actual hard numbers available for FY 22 will arrive around January of 2022 when they know how many from USNA and NROTC are commissioning, by that time about 75% of FY 22 will be filled and the rest should be filled in March/April and at the same time they will start filling FY 23.

NRC can also only go to a specific percent of the last FY goals, so based on FY 21 goals they can only fill FY 22 partially and given how they starting filling FY 22 so soon they could hit that mark earlier than normal, especially if the GENOFF board is already at yellow.

WannaFlyHigh

not true at all for officer recruiting, that is only for enlisted recruiting, for instance FY 22 starts Oct 1st, so anyone commissioned (graduating from OCS) after Oct 1st is using an FY 22 spot, they normally start filling those spots in March or April 2021 but this year they filled them earlier, realistically by the time October arrives about half of FY 22 spots should be filled (this year probably more will be), the actual hard numbers available for FY 22 will arrive around January of 2022 when they know how many from USNA and NROTC are commissioning, by that time about 75% of FY 22 will be filled and the rest should be filled in March/April and at the same time they will start filling FY 23.

NRC can also only go to a specific percent of the last FY goals, so based on FY 21 goals they can only fill FY 22 partially and given how they starting filling FY 22 so soon they could hit that mark earlier than normal, especially if the GENOFF board is already at yellow.
I should end everything I say with "take it with a grain of salt" lol

Me So Hornet

SNA PRO-REC-Y / OCS 14AUG2022
Best package I’ve seen yet. Aced the ASTB plus a 3.9 in Mech Eng with flight hours and no waivers. How ever many SNA spots there are in this board, we can officially take one away because it’s already spoken for ?

Yea I’m not sure what happened. Asked my recruiter if I could play Danger Zone on repeat while taking the ASTB. Must have discovered a cheat code.

luckynumbr27

Yea I’m not sure what happened. Asked my recruiter if I could play Danger Zone on repeat while taking the ASTB. Must have discovered a cheat code.
Your profile pic is incidentally the same face the board will make when they unanimously select you package in about 42 days too ?

Tgonzo29

I seriously hesitated posting my scores because I didn’t want any attention, but I ultimately decided to do it in the interest of more complete statistics and wanting to give advice to anybody who asked. I fully owe the test scores to this site.

Well done brother! Be proud of that effort. Good luck

kenyanmedley

Fmr. Aviation Electrician’s Mate, USN
Yeah way to go! Those are awesome scores.

If anyone is the least bit discouraged by seeing other people’s scores just remember that they don’t have to do bad for you to do well and you don’t have to do bad for them to do well. Stay positive and be happy for them! They worked really hard to get the scores they did. If people with average scores (like me) don’t make it then they (we) can try harder to improve our packages next go around. Wishing you all the best and wishing the board would get here faster!

Kyle42

Can’t believe we still have all SNA packages. Any NFO applicant would probably go straight to the carriers at this rate

BDavis11

Contributor
For my current AD folks, what address did you mail your packages to? Or, did you scan and email? Not sure if I have the correct email for Mr. Virgin since the navy migrated to flankspeed.