• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

02AUG2021 Pilot/NFO Board

WannaFlyHigh

More like he got played lol. He put A10s first and got FAIPed. One of the instructors told him that he saw his name on the board for A10s a day or two before his class dropped, but that slot ended up going to guy right below him on the order of merit.

oh shoot my bad. I thought he chose to FAIP because he didn’t get his choice of A-10.

kotn

Bro I know. I feel confident with my ASTB but my GPA is crap. Also I feel a little worried about my personal statement since I didn't explain my circumstances much. Focused more on why I want to pursue this.

Yeah man, looks like no sub 3.0 gpa got selected. Or am I reading the spreadsheet wrong? It's like they threw away all the low gpa packages.
Oh well... I guess it's time to study for a ASTB retake.

BDavis11

Contributor
Yeah man, looks like no sub 3.0 gpa got selected. Or am I reading the spreadsheet wrong? It's like they threw away all the low gpa packages.
Yea. that will be unfortunate. I been in the Navy for 7 years. Did most of my undergrad before I joined so hopefully they take my time in service into consideration over my GPA

kotn

I take this back. The spreadsheet is not fully updated.
After reading the 24MAY2021 thread, at least one with a sub 3.0 got selected. Congrats!!! @Notatomcruisefan, sorry to call you out like this lol.

luckynumbr27

I take this back. The spreadsheet is not fully updated.
After reading the 24MAY2021 thread, at least one with a sub 3.0 got selected. Congrats!!! @Notatomcruisefan, sorry to call you out like this lol.
Someone posted the official May selection list and I encourage everyone to read it if you haven’t already since the board offers very valuable feedback on their decision making for this board ?
Edit: sorry for the long link. The feedback starts on page 9

BDavis11

Contributor

luckynumbr27

Just made me slightly nervous about not saying all the right things in my package. Whelp here goes hoping for the best.
Same haha, they mentioned collateral duties and extra curriculars and I couldn’t remember saying I played college football (not sure how I forgot lol) but Im pretty sure recruiter added that in anyways because one of my LOR’s mentioned that they played college football with me

flatspinturkeyb

69 9/9/9 GPA: b4d
Just made me slightly nervous about not saying all the right things in my package. Whelp here goes hoping for the best.
Same thoughts here. I hadn't seen guidance on applications on AW or heard anything like it from my recruiter. Hard deadline is tomorrow so we probably can't get our application updated if it's already sent in. Right?

njrecc

Same thoughts here. I hadn't seen guidance on applications on AW or heard anything like it from my recruiter. Hard deadline is tomorrow so we probably can't get our application updated if it's already sent in. Right?
I would think it’s probably not worth the risk of not getting submitted. My problem is I don’t have a ton of extracurriculars. My recruiter asked if I did jujitsu or anything and I’ve wanted to for a couple years now but it’s a ways off from my house, expensive, and classes are at horrible times for my job (11am and 4pm). If I don’t get selected I’m just gonna bite the bullet and start training I guess in hopes of being more appealing.

kenyanmedley

Fmr. Aviation Electrician’s Mate, USN
So guys I’m an idiot. I actually made the May board and got the prorec for SNA. If anyone has any questions about my package I’m happy to answer.
I was about to post this pic and say “we’re in the endgame now” this morning when I got the call lol

Attachments

• 1624539821044.jpeg
    1624539821044.jpeg
    60 KB · Views: 9