• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

01AUG2022 SNA/SNFO Board

exNavyOffRec

I don't mind it either way, I'd prefer SNA but I'd be okay with SNFO if that's what I get selected for. I'm interested in Naval aviation in general, no matter if I'm in the front seat or the back seat. But, if they see 1SNA-2SNFO does that lessen my chances of getting SNA since they see I'm open to both? And if i get Y on both I can choose right?

Unfortunately, I do have a waiver for my background from when I was 16-17, how will that affect things?
There seems to be more of a need for SNFOs right now so many who put both were getting no for SNA but yes for SNFO, the stopped giving yes to both.

That issue could be a concern depending what it is.

Anyone have gouge on whether or not to submit interview appraisals that are anything less than perfect 10's down the line? I have 1 that is all 10's and one 9. What do you all think?

BDavis11

Contributor
Anyone have gouge on whether or not to submit interview appraisals that are anything less than perfect 10's down the line? I have 1 that is all 10's and one 9. What do you all think?
you should be fine. Obviously striving for all tens but they might just not want to explain that ten. 9 is fine anything less is iffy.

you should be fine. Obviously striving for all tens but they might just not want to explain that ten. 9 is fine anything less is iffy.
Thanks, thats what I was thinking too. The interview went very well and he asked me numerous times to keep him updated at every point in the application process.

elariosa95

SNA (A-Pool)
65 7/5/6

Morning started pretty good with that OAR but I shit the bed in the PBM section.

Guess I’ll grill some steaks or something this weekend to take my mind off it

WhiteLotus5125

65 7/5/6

Morning started pretty good with that OAR but I shit the bed in the PBM section.

Guess I’ll grill some steaks or something this weekend to take my mind off it
Yeah, unfortunately, that PFAR is below average man. Have you already used one of your three retakes?

Last edited:

elariosa95

SNA (A-Pool)
Yeah, unfortunately, that PFAR is below average man. Have you already used one of your three retakes?
Yeah that was my second try. It’s especially bugging me because those were literally the same scores I got the first time and I went in completely blind then.

No use in complaining tho, I just gotta get better and retry

WhiteLotus5125

I just gotta get better and retry
Definitely invest in a HOTAS (preferably the same one your recruiting office uses) and get some hours in a flight simulator like MSFS or XPlane so you can get used to the controls and the inverted Y-Axis. Use Jantzen's tracking sim pretty much every single night until you go back to take the test again, this will help with your peripherals, muscle memory, and speed. Try to remain as calm as possible throughout the other sections of the test so that you're not mentally burned out when you get to the PBM..... that entire section and the ANIT is basically what your PFAR is comprised of so, it's important to really focus and ace it from start to end.

You got this man! Depending on how you did on the ANIT section, I'd mainly focus on scoring higher that PBM. Your OAR & AQR scores show that you're a pretty smart dude so, you should definitely have the rest of the test in the bag when you retake and wont have to worry about losing those other scores... although your PFAR is really the only score out of the four that matters.

Do you have any previous flight experience?

Last edited:

elariosa95

SNA (A-Pool)
Definitely invest in a HOTAS (preferably the same one your recruiting office uses) and get some hours in a flight simulator like MSFS or XPlane so you can get used to the controls and the inverted Y-Axis. Use Jantzen's tracking sim pretty much every single night until you go back to take the test again, this will help with your peripherals, muscle memory, and speed. Try to remain as calm as possible throughout the other sections of the test so that you're not mentally burned out when you get to the PBM..... that entire section and the ANIT is basically what your PFAR is comprised of so, it's important to really focus and ace it from start to end.

You got this man! Depending on how you did on the ANIT section, I'd mainly focus on scoring higher that PBM. Your OAR & AQR scores show that you're a pretty smart dude so, you should definitely have the rest of the test in the bag when you retake and wont have to worry about losing those other scores... although your PFAR is really the only score out of the four that matters.

Do you have any previous flight experience?
Yeah I've been using the tracking sim with a cheap Logitech stick and it definitely helped; in fact, I think the actual test was easier than the sim in that it felt like it was moving slower. I definitely know where I tripped up tho:
  • ANIT was about 50/50, some of the questions were pretty basic but others were more specific knowledge that I don't really remember seeing before.
  • I was moving pretty quickly in the UAV portion, but I lost focus towards the end so I missed about 3 or 4 in a row and 5ish total.
  • During the first dichotic listening test, I read the directions but didn't write down which buttons to press for odd/even and completely blanked as soon as the practice portion started. Simple mistake, but I'm pretty sure I missed every possible point on that part because of it.
  • Listening/tracking wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I still missed a few points here and there.
  • I don't think I did too bad on emergency procedures (I got them all right), but I focused on fixing the emergencies so much that I lost track of both targets so I'm sure I missed points there.
I don't have any flight experience but I've been playing MSFS 2020 a lot recently so I think that was pretty helpful with tracking. If there are any programs that can help with dichotic listening, I'm all ears (no pun intended lol)

Scrandall

I won't be able to apply to this August board due to some school scheduling stuff and was wondering if there is a standard time interval or something similar for when they decide to announce the next selection board?