• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

01AUG2022 SNA/SNFO Board

buckeyepilot

Hi everyone,
Applying for SNA. 51 OAR, 6/5/6. CFI with 400+ civilian flight hours. A little concerned about my ASTB. Didn't do as well as I had hoped for.

WhiteLotus5125

Hi everyone,
Applying for SNA. 51 OAR, 6/5/6. CFI with 400+ civilian flight hours. A little concerned about my ASTB. Didn't do as well as I had hoped for.
The only thing that's concerning there is your PFAR. You are right at the qualification score of 5, but, just getting a qualified score does not mean you are competitive compared to other applicants.

I would definitely take some time to study ANIT & invest in a decent HOTAS to practice for the PBM, and then once you feel you are prepared, go back and use one of your retake attempts.

My first attempt was a 44 5/6/5 but after 2 months of studying, I just took it again on Monday and walked out of there with a 50 6/8/7.

There are plenty of good study resources on here, especially for the ANIT & PBM. Feel free to DM me and I can share what I used.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

WhiteLotus5125

400+ civilian flight hours
By the way, flight hours and civilian certs do not really matter as much in a Navy application like they do to the Air Force boards.

From what I've heard (other users feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), besides a PPL, they don't really pay attention to anything extra. Mainly test scores, GPA, and volunteer/leadership experience is what's going to be your golden ticket to a ProRec-Y in the Navy.

Last edited:

DutchyO1

Contributor
Hey guys does anyone know where to find the board schedule for any boards that occur after the AUG2022 one?

Tumbleweed33

Hi everyone,
Study and try again. PFAR of 5 is not going to get you there. buy a joystick and throttle and play the simulator. On the bright side since you're shooting for august you have time.

BB Poison

Contributor
Hi everyone,
If you haven’t already, check out the results from the last board, you can see what the average scores are. From a cursory look the lowest PFAR score picked up was a 6, and that was one person at a bigger board with more spots. You’re gonna want to shoot for 7+ on the PFAR, the rest doesn’t matter as much from my understanding.

DutchyO1

Contributor
anyone know if they are limiting the # of spots for the FY 23 quotas since it seems like they over selected on the past boards??

Fib

anyone know if they are limiting the # of spots for the FY 23 quotas since it seems like they over selected on the past boards??
This was discussed a BUNCH in the may board thread. All your answers are in there :)

DutchyO1

Contributor
Not sure if i will be on this board or not yet either still gotta secure a few LORs. Mainly I am trying to find Naval Officers cause I have one from a professor and I could possibly get one from my CFI but I think two from some Os would be better. Anyone got any advice?

exNavyOffRec

Not sure if i will be on this board or not yet either still gotta secure a few LORs. Mainly I am trying to find Naval Officers cause I have one from a professor and I could possibly get one from my CFI but I think two from some Os would be better. Anyone got any advice?
Don't worry about LOR's, the board doesn't, get the application in

WhiteLotus5125

This question might have been answered before so, I'm sorry if this is a repeat.

Is there a limit on how many times you can submit to the Board? And if you end up ProRec-N and have to resubmit, do you build an entirely new application or just update the one you used previously?

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

This question might have been answered before so, I'm sorry if this is a repeat.

Is there a limit on how many times you can submit to the Board? And if you end up ProRec-N and have to resubmit, do you build an entirely new application or just update the one you used previously?
first thing is if you want to be a SNA **DO NOT SUBMIT FOR SNFO** there have been several that put SNA and SNFO and were given a N for SNA and a Y for SNFO even though they had the scores for SNA.

no limit, but you should have a very good chance at SNA, if there is something that requires a waiver in your background that is another story.

WhiteLotus5125

first thing is if you want to be a SNA **DO NOT SUBMIT FOR SNFO** there have been several that put SNA and SNFO and were given a N for SNA and a Y for SNFO even though they had the scores for SNA.

no limit, but you should have a very good chance at SNA, if there is something that requires a waiver in your background that is another story.
I don't mind it either way, I'd prefer SNA but I'd be okay with SNFO if that's what I get selected for. I'm interested in Naval aviation in general, no matter if I'm in the front seat or the back seat. But, if they see 1SNA-2SNFO does that lessen my chances of getting SNA since they see I'm open to both? And if i get Y on both I can choose right?

if there is something that requires a waiver in your background that is another story.
Unfortunately, I do have a waiver for my background from when I was 16-17, how will that affect things?