• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Worst duty stations

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
The Chief said:
No brainer.

Worst duty stations: The one at which you are now stationed.

Best: The station you are going to next.
What I am saying is that all are what you make of them. I was single for all but the last 2 years, that fact makes a huge difference. My bag was always packed, ready to get underway, any destination, any time.

:D :D :D

Yea, what he said. They all have had something to offer, good and not so good. I've been married for about 2 duty stations. Sure glad one of them was China Lake.

Raptor2216

Southern Ag said:
It seems the people who dont like vance either have never seen it[and thus have no credibility], or they are arrogant yanks from boston n NYwho think anything not on the coast is hickville.

Hmm...quantico/stafford isn't an exception when it comes to this "arrogance". Compared to where i'm from, san diego, it is hicksville USA. The only thing I like about virginia is DC.

Raptor2216

beau said:
Well out of P-cola, Corpus, and Meridian....Meridian takes it hands down the worst place so far. It makes Corpus and P-cola look like paradise. You cant beat P-cola's beaches and Corpus is close to Austin and San Antonio. P-Cola's Ladies are more my cup o tea vise corpus (comparing the two anyway!) but both places seems to have a high amount of young single.....Mothers!!! WTF?? Thats why I really like College towns...less of that..and just more oportunities for a single guy.

So...any place close to a College town is good enough for me right now.

Brett will back me up on this, stay away from the single mothers.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
The only reason, IMHO, people b!tch about Pensacola is that it's over-hyped. The way people talked about it before I came down here, I thought it was gonna be like a big party-animal theme park with free beer and 10 honeys for every JO in town. Obviously anyone with common sense is going to realize that it's not like that. But I went to school near NYC, and while there is cool stuff to do there I like not breathing smog & being strapped for cash every time I go out. $20 goes a LOT further here and people don't stick their noses in the air just cause I wear jeans and drive a Ford.

This duty station ain't bad at all.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
P_ubhi18 said:
Brett will back me up on this, stay away from the single mothers.
Exactly. Shun them like the social pariahs that they are. We need to reestablish a culture of shame and ostracization for little whores that make bad life choices. It's called tough love.

Brett

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
sevenhelmet said:
$20 goes a LOT further here

God yes it does. I laugh my BUTT off when I hear someone complain about a $3.00 beer. I remember paying $5.00 in Boston for what I drank.

hump1909

I'm from South Florida, and after TBS I was pretty stoked about coming back to Florida....especially since its only 4 hours from Gainesville where I went to college....anyways, that said Pensacola has been a huge disappointment so far....granted the beaches are nice and the food pretty decent at some places, but overall the quality of the town sux....the people suck...it's definitely not florida.....as a native floridian i can say that i am so ashamed of this part of florida (granted gainesville was pretty bad as far as the locals were concerned ...go ACRs) but just happy enough to be out of Quantico to be midly content...ok enough out of me

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
I kind of agree with you on some of the people... I've run into some really nasty characters around here, landlords and such (non-military types.) But you get that just about anywhere you go. It's just a question of knowing what neighborhoods/venues to avoid.

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
Brett327 said:
Exactly. Shun them like the social pariahs that they are. We need to reestablish a culture of shame and ostracization for little whores that make bad life choices. It's called tough love.

Brett
(offtopic) Please run for President in 2008... the debates alone would get better TV ratings than the Super Bowl.

(back on topic)
From a dependent's standpoint (yeah, I'm a MIDN and a Navy Brat), Southern Maryland (Pax River) isn't too bad, but its in the sticks. Have fun driving 30+ minutes to get to civilization.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
I can understand the post-hurricane problems. But anyone that didn't like it pre-hurricane... I don't understand.

I think it's a matter of perspective. I have no doubt PNS looks good coming from Meridian. And doing a cross-country back to the cradle is kind of cool. But when coming from other much more interesting and diverse places, it sadly disappoints. Coming from the Tampa Bay area (which is always growing), Gainesville (kind of small time, but the scenery and university make up for it), San Diego, and then HI, well, PNS just doesn't quite have the allure it did when I would come up here on vacation in high school.

pilot_man

Ex-Rhino driver
pilot
@Chunks- that wasn't Sammy's, but worse.

@Hump- As a fellow S. Floridian- That is horse sh!t. No traffic, the people don't have the attitudes like the rest of S Florida, and it much cleaner than Tampa or Miami. It is no S Beach however. Can you imagine if flight school was in S Beach.

@ Brett- How about some grits a Ya-Ya? That stuff will kill you, but it's worth it.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
You're all a bunch of malcontents and whiners. Corpus was a blast, as was Pensacola. Of course, I also like Jax, NC, so I'm a bit twisted, myself. You've got to get on board the Zen train and take advantage of what's out there. Just give me a decent billet, so I'm not miserable at work, and I'll find something to do off work. Like trying to convince my wife that Jacksonville is really cool.