• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Worst duty stations

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Dunedan said:
Wow...Pensacola never even got mentioned. There must be some terrible places out there if P-Cola is left out of the list...

I'll mention P-cola... the only redeeming quality about this place is that I'll get to actually be in the air within the next couple of months.

Other than that, this place sucks donkey d!ck. Too far from a decent city, destroyed beaches suck and I don't like the fact that all there is really to do is bar hop. I'd rather be in NJ... that way at least I have the choice of NYC or Philly... and the rest of the world.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
TheBubba said:
I'll mention P-cola... the only redeeming quality about this place is that I'll get to actually be in the air within the next couple of months.

Other than that, this place sucks donkey d!ck. Too far from a decent city, destroyed beaches suck and I don't like the fact that all there is really to do is bar hop. I'd rather be in NJ... that way at least I have the choice of NYC or Philly... and the rest of the world.

Um, dive, boat, camp, maybe. Dude, get out more, its not that bad here. And honestly, NJ over Pcola, you must be smoking crack.:eek:

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
gregsivers said:
Um, dive, boat, camp, maybe. Dude, get out more, its not that bad here. And honestly, NJ over Pcola, you must be smoking crack.:eek:

I'm from NJ, and no.. I'm not smoking crack. And at present, I'm busy to the point where I don't have enough time to do all of that.

dodge

You can do anything once.
pilot
Perhaps off topic but is there a discernible difference between east and west coast squadrons/ships other than geography.

Back to the subject matter:

Pensacola vs. NJ

The wrecked beaches are still better than anything you'll find anywhere close to new jersey. It's nice paying less than 5 bucks for a drink, and last i checked no one ever referred to Pcola as "dirty pcola".

As far as things to do, what is better than being able to drive 6 minutes in any direction and hit a wal-mart. You got sporting goods, xbox in the electronics department, the grocery, a pharmacy section, and that neat little machine that does your blood pressure!

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
All i know is everyplace has to have a better girl (above 18) ratio then daytona. That will be good enough for me. ;)

i got the 'riddle vision' and its BAD!!

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Dunedan said:
Wow...Pensacola never even got mentioned. There must be some terrible places out there if P-Cola is left out of the list...

P-cola may suck, but the upside is that there are alot of JOs going through flight school, so at least there's people to hang out with. Here at China Lake (or as I affectionately call it, "The CL") they try not to send single guys here, so when they actually have to, that poor ******* has zero social life (me).

lthackston

I'll throw another one in for P'cola. I never was a fan of the place. I spent plenty of time there pre and post IVAN and the only thing I thought the place had going for it was the beaches. Something about the town just irked me. Being in Kingsville doesn't bother me at all. Some people tell me that it's too small, but it's five times larger than the town I went to middle school in and 2.5 times larger than the one I went to high school in. So it's quite the metropolis to me :) I'm sure in the coming years I'll find someplace that I enjoy even less than P'cola.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I came from the Northeast, close to Boston, a typical large Northern city. Needless to say Pensacola was a shock for me. Nothing like anything I was used to. But, I grew to like it, and when I spent time in Meridian... I grew to really MISS it. Don't know why you guys hate it so much. It's not bad.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
I came from the Northeast, close to Boston, a typical large Northern city. Needless to say Pensacola was a shock for me. Nothing like anything I was used to. But, I grew to like it, and when I spent time in Meridian... I grew to really MISS it. Don't know why you guys hate it so much. It's not bad.
I was talking with a guy who had been stationed there after all the storms and it sounds like things have really changed a lot, especially on base by the seawall. I can imagine that it might not be such a cool place when it's all in shambles, but I will say that I enjoyed my time there immensely.

Brett

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett327 said:
I was talking with a guy who had been stationed there after all the storms and it sounds like things have really changed a lot, especially on base by the seawall. I can imagine that it might not be such a cool place when it's all in shambles, but I will say that I enjoyed my time there immensely.

Brett

I can understand the post-hurricane problems. But anyone that didn't like it pre-hurricane... I don't understand.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
I can understand the post-hurricane problems. But anyone that didn't like it pre-hurricane... I don't understand.
I forgot to add that it was a favorite XC destination in my fleet squadron. Cold Whidbey for breakfast, then Fish House or McGuire's for dinner & adult beverages to follow - hard to beat.

Brett

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett327 said:
I forgot to add that it was a favorite XC destination in my fleet squadron. Cold Whidbey for breakfast, then Fish House or McGuire's for dinner & adult beverages to follow - hard to beat.

Brett

Mmmmmm Fish House. Still one of my favorite restaurants to date.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
Mmmmmm Fish House. Still one of my favorite restaurants to date.
When I was there, then Congressman Joe Scarsboro (think MSNBC Scarsboro Report, and possible part owner), would play the blues on his electric guitar at Fish House. As someone who has played guitar for 25+ years, I can tell you that that dude can play the fvcking guitar. Pretty cool to see a member of congress getting down like that.

Brett

beau

Well out of P-cola, Corpus, and Meridian....Meridian takes it hands down the worst place so far. It makes Corpus and P-cola look like paradise. You cant beat P-cola's beaches and Corpus is close to Austin and San Antonio. P-Cola's Ladies are more my cup o tea vise corpus (comparing the two anyway!) but both places seems to have a high amount of young single.....Mothers!!! WTF?? Thats why I really like College towns...less of that..and just more oportunities for a single guy.

So...any place close to a College town is good enough for me right now.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Family pic

beau said:
P-Cola's Ladies are more my cup o tea

mullet.jpg

Just kidding...I found my cup o tea at Applebees on 9-mile.