• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Worst duty stations

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Southern Ag said:
or they are arrogant yanks from boston n NYwho think anything not on the coast is hickville.

Don't ever group me with those cretins. New Yorkers are terrible people. :icon_tong

S.O.B.

pilot
Hands down Corpus Christi, what a SH1T hole. I think that the beach in Corpus was voted the dirtiest in the United States.

West Nile Virus is cool! One time I actually had to vacuum mosquitoes off of the ceiling in my house.

On a positive note, if you’re ever in Corpus on a Friday night go to the Wal Mart in Flower Bluff, the clientele will blow your mind, they should charge admission to that freak show.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
S.O.B. said:
I think that the beach in Corpus was voted the dirtiest in the United States.

can you show me where that's written???

Best: Corpus, mostly due to the proximity of great cities in Texas

Worst: anywhere outside Texas

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've never been stationed there, but I'd bet NAS Key West could rank amongst the best. That and NAS Roosevelt Roads..

I'm willing to be Adak was one of the worst

whereareyou

I hate the Yankees and went to that craphole. Its not so much the location, its the fools wearing blue. Enid is much nicer than Kingsville.....god i hated that place.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
junioro said:
I hate the Yankees and went to that craphole. Its not so much the location, its the fools wearing blue. Enid is much nicer than Kingsville.....god i hated that place.

I never got to explore the city of Kingsville, but I spent a night on the base and from what I could see... I was thankful I went to Meridian.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Southern Ag said:
It seems the people who dont like vance either have never seen it[and thus have no credibility], or they are arrogant yanks from boston n NYwho think anything not on the coast is hickville.

I beg of thee...don't turn this into another ghey Vance versus the world thread.

S.O.B.

pilot
rare21 said:
can you show me where that's written???

Why are you going to move if I produce some type of source?

If we could just get the average American as fired up about America as Texans are about Texas.

Dunedan

Picture Clean!
None
Wow...Pensacola never even got mentioned. There must be some terrible places out there if P-Cola is left out of the list...

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Dunedan said:
Wow...Pensacola never even got mentioned. There must be some terrible places out there if P-Cola is left out of the list...

Dude, Pcola is heaven. After 1.5 years in Meridian, Pcola sounds damn good, especially since I'm now going to Lemoore.

S.O.B.

pilot
PropStop said:
Kadena AFB, Japan. Hands down, a sh!thole.

I was stationed at Futenma, we would go to Kadena to get away until the Air force dorks banned Marines from their clubs.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
?

PropStop said:
Kadena AFB, Japan. Hands down, a sh!thole.

Dude, I know you haven't been to the desert yet. THAT is a sh!thole. Kadena is as good as it's gonna get. Enjoy it now. I'd trade places with you in a heartbeat.

-Great Gym(s)
-Decent flightline Grub
-NCO Club breakfast is the bomb.
-Sunday Brunch at the O'Club.
-Friday night pre-game booze ex at the O'Club.
-USAF dorks in starched, creased "Friday Night Flightsuits" to laugh at
-Pretty good golf course
-Yakisoba at the USO.
-Yoshi's sushi
-Tiger's Embroidery
-The bazillion great little "dog on a stick" stands, which are terrific if you man up and try it
-Look a little harder and find some of the cooler "gaijin friendly" bars. They're all over, you just have to dig a bit.
edit: no, I don't mean the "buy me a drink for 25 dollars" bars
-Generally great weather (you could always be in Misawa), perfect for crew BBQs

second edit: I'll also mention how accomodating the O'Club Bar staff were for us. They opened early multiple times on short notice to afford us our "window". Again, ask around, get to know the staff, tip well. It always pays off.