• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What type of coffee are you drinking?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Strange Planet by Nathan Pyle captures exactly how I feel.
g28bgfH.jpg

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
I used to tell myself I didn’t have a caffeine problem. “I only drink 3 cups a day” I thought.

And then I went to SERE and had a splitting headache for the first three days of field phase...

And so I did the rational thing and started drinking coffee again as soon as I finished the course.

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
Brass Tacks coffee in Jax is a good local go to. Whole foods has decaf whole beans so I'll get some of those every once in a while (I like night coffee but don't want to get wired).

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I used to tell myself I didn’t have a caffeine problem. “I only drink 3 cups a day” I thought.

And then I went to SERE and had a splitting headache for the first three days of field phase...

And so I did the rational thing and started drinking coffee again as soon as I finished the course.
God, that sucked. I was sitting there like "why does my head hurt??" Oh, yeah . . . the coffee I'm not having . . .

Pags

N/A
pilot

Our MREs at SERE had packets of instant coffee in them that most people wanted nothing to do with and were happy to give away. Myself and a few others were happy to collect as many as we could and had instant coffee in our canteen cups most mornings we were in the field. It was a good small victory!

Hair Warrior

Contributor
If you aren't religious active duty, church service is reserve DWEs are a good chance to get in touch with your spiritual USN side. And have coffee
FIFY
Our MREs at SERE had packets of instant coffee in them that most people wanted nothing to do with and were happy to give away. Myself and a few others were happy to collect as many as we could and had instant coffee in our canteen cups most mornings we were in the field. It was a good small victory!
I did the same for my fellow classmates from my locker at Newport. We got coffee privileges on day 2 or 3 but I kept it up for the camaraderie.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
When I'm at home I'm a fan of good, cheap espresso. I don't have an espresso maker but it brews up just fine in a percolator and tastes pretty good. Better yet is to press it, one cup at a time (repurpose the coffee pot as a ready hot water supply) and it tastes even better. Pretty hard to beat at $3 for a brick.

Cheap and tasty/tasty and cheap!