• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What type of coffee are you drinking?

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
If I'm at home I'll make either a V60 or an Aeropress.

For the aeropress, I'll do it inverted style. Add a scoop of grounds (freshly ground of course), and add 4 oz of boiling water. Stir for 10 seconds, then at the 45 sec mark, flip and gently press until I've pushed it all out. Then I'll add the other 4 oz of water for a full cup. I don't like to drink coffee in large quantities so 8 oz is fine for me.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor

This is my go to for the past few years. Brews to the “Golden Ratio”. Pricey but worth it IMO. Paired with a solid burr grinder.

I also have an Aeropress that I’ve taken on two deployments now and has served me well, plus I’ll occasionally do French Press or Mokapot espresso.

Pags

N/A
pilot

This is my go to for the past few years. Brews to the “Golden Ratio”. Pricey but worth it IMO. Paired with a solid burr grinder.

I also have an Aeropress that I’ve taken on two deployments now and has served me well, plus I’ll occasionally do French Press or Mokapot espresso.
A few years ago the mocamaster and the bonavita were the only two drip coffee makers that got the stamp of approval from the coffee pros nerds at SCA. At the time I couldnt afford the mocamaster and got the bonavita. 7yrs later and that same bonavita still makes a great cup of joe.

I was planning to upgrade to a mocamaster a year ago but then got the espresso maker for Xmas so didn't upgrade. A couple of my friends have the mocamaster and it makes a great cup of coffee. If I ever went back to drip it would be the only one I'd consider.