• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What type of coffee are you drinking?

acemeyers

I get a different bag at Costco every time I go...but been trying to cut back. For espresso, I use the hometown roaster's Brazilian blend - it's like drinking a Reese's. F'in amazing.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I get a different bag at Costco every time I go...but been trying to cut back. For espresso, I use the hometown roaster's Brazilian blend - it's like drinking a Reese's. F'in amazing.
I hope you're not one of those people that buys the large bag of whole bean coffee, then takes it to the communal grinder near the exit, then grinds the WHOLE F'ing BAG. ??

acemeyers

I hope you're not one of those people that buys the large bag of whole bean coffee, then takes it to the communal grinder near the exit, then grinds the WHOLE F'ing BAG. ??

Nah, I bought a cheap-o home grinder, and it does the job for my drip machine. It won't grind fine enough for my espresso machine (Pavoni) so I get that done in small bags at the roaster.

I think my next big investment is a nice grinder that can do an honest-to-God Turkish grind...then Chemex...then a dual head Saeco...

Gosh, caffeine addictions are hard to break.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
I buy the Kirkland Signature Espresso Blend and then run it through a Gaggia Brera. Most days I drink a lungo but sometimes I find I need a quick pick-me-up and drink a shot or two throughout the day. I typically drink my coffee with sugar and heavy cream. I can't stand the fake creamer anymore. I really love my Brera and can't say enough good things about it:

If you want the true esperienza Napoletana, I'd highly recommend tracking down a bag of Caffe Moreno or Caffe Borbone. Unfortunately, no cute Italian barista is included.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
I buy the Kirkland Signature Espresso Blend and then run it through a Gaggia Brera. Most days I drink a lungo but sometimes I find I need a quick pick-me-up and drink a shot or two throughout the day. I typically drink my coffee with sugar and heavy cream. I can't stand the fake creamer anymore. I really love my Brera and can't say enough good things about it:

If you want the true esperienza Napoletana, I'd highly recommend tracking down a bag of Caffe Moreno or Caffe Borbone. Unfortunately, no cute Italian barista is included.
Here is my system...