• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

War in Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLGUY

“Technique only”
pilot
Contributor
o
Cool, cool...One of the richest guys in the world, whose company does business with the DoD, posts mis/disinformation like this on his social media platform all the time. He apparently has disrupted UKR ops in the past by restricting their access to Starlink bc of his personal views on the war. Not sure why we allow this one individual to have so much influence on such things.

Glad the Admiral called him out though.

….I’m pretty sure Elon is joking with regards to that picture.

FLGUY

“Technique only”
pilot
Contributor
On what do you base that? It seems fairly straightforward. Maybe I missed the joke.
Because for starters, he began with the caption “Oh the Iran-y” as a pun, and the picture is in typical meme format with a ridiculous statement. Sure, Iran totally “moved their entire country” just to be next to those military bases purely to start a conflict. It’s over-the-top internet humor.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Because for starters, he began with the caption “Oh the Iran-y” as a pun, and the picture is in typical meme format with a ridiculous statement. Sure, Iran totally “moved their entire country” just to be next to those military bases purely to start a conflict. It’s over-the-top internet humor.
Yeah, it's hilarious. Most CEO's shitpost on national security topics like this all the time. Shareholders love it. Good times.

FLGUY

“Technique only”
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, it's hilarious. Most CEO's shitpost on national security topics like this all the time. Shareholders love it. Good times.
Not arguing for the comedic value of his post, but it clearly isn’t “disinformation”.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Not arguing for the comedic value of his post, but it clearly isn’t “disinformation”.
Hmm, how do you think this titan of industry's post is viewed in the ME? Probably not as a joke. Not going to debate semantics of mis/disinformation with you, but bottom line is that his post (among others) was totally irresponsible for someone in his position.

Average Monke

A primate with internet access
Hmm, how do you think this titan of industry's post is viewed in the ME? Probably not as a joke.
Do you really think his shitpost is going to change anyone’s worldview? This is just another a drop in the ocean as far as I’m concerned.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Based on Elon's posting over the past few years, I'm not sure he has a very good sense about much of anything in terms of the geo-political landscape. At the end of the day, he's just a creature obsessed with his own self interests and whatever he thinks will be good for the corporations he owns. When you see it through that lens, it's not particularly complicated.

FLGUY

“Technique only”
pilot
Contributor
Hmm, how do you think this titan of industry's post is viewed in the ME? Probably not as a joke. Not going to debate semantics of mis/disinformation with you, but bottom line is that his post (among others) was totally irresponsible for someone in his position.
Irresponsible? You could argue that. But misinformation would imply an attempt to deceive, which I don’t think he’s doing.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Irresponsible? You could argue that. But misinformation would imply an attempt to deceive, which I don’t think he’s doing.
Actually that would be disinformation. Who knows why he posts what he does? But my points stand. It's irresponsible, and I don't believe he intended it as a joke.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Based on Elon's posting over the past few years, I'm not sure he has a very good sense about much of anything in terms of the geo-political landscape. At the end of the day, he's just a creature obsessed with his own self interests . . .
Yep, definitely
. . . and whatever he thinks will be good for the corporations he owns.
Eh. His ego seems to get in the way of this. He's been in the right place to make a shit-ton of money over the years, and seems to have incredibly good instincts for the aerospace and manufacturing industries. I'll give him credit for dragging the world kicking and screaming into understanding Agile can work for hardware, and for fundamentally rethinking the space industry by being a stubborn SOB and a savant in that area.

But he's also a raging prick who by all accounts DGAF about his workforce, and an egotistical asshole who thinks that because he's been a genius in one field that he can master all of them. If anything, he's the archetypal example of a Naval Aviation personality gone bad, turned up to 11.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
seems to have incredibly good instincts
No he doesn't. Case in point, Twitter, which he has been busy destroying over the past year. If we've learned anything from watching Elon, it's that he has a talent for mustering resources, but everything his companies have accomplished has been in spite of his influence, not because of it.

I would love nothing more than to watch SpaceX accomplish their goals, but watching them stumble over basic FAA and USFWS regulatory hurdles should remind everyone that they are not a serious company.

A little inside baseball for the group... My DoD organization is a part of the Starship test plan. Fun fact, SpaceX wanted to splash Starship on our range at PMRF. That was the original plan. We looked at their range safety plan and rejected it. DoD and NASA has a set of range safety standards that ensure that we don't hazard aircraft or surface vessels. SpaceX has a very cavalier approach to range safety that my organization rejected, so they will now splash Starship outside of our Range. We will provide precision tracking and telemetry collection only.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
No he doesn't. Case in point, Twitter, which he has been busy destroying over the past year. If we've learned anything from watching Elon, it's that he has a talent for mustering resources, but everything his companies have accomplished has been in spite of his influence, not because of it.

Without the massive government subsidies going to EVs - from R&D to paying consumers the fuel cost - Musk would have gone bankrupt around 2015. Especially when consumers in SOCAL would have to pay that $600-800/mo electric bill to charge them.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Elon is an overrated troll who enjoys punching down. I don’t care what his intentions were, that post was disinformation that he was passing on, probably without enough background knowledge to recognize it. If you don’t think it will influence people’s opinion on the US and Iran because of who posted it, you are kidding yourself.

I know several senior leaders in the corporate world. They are all well educated, professional, and savvy with regard to geopolitics and human nature. Elon is none of those things. People assume he is smarter because he is “different”. I find him to be a common internet troll who got incredibly lucky and doesn’t deserve to be where he is.

I find his cars to be badly built and overpriced. Don’t even get me started on his flight test methods. I hope Twitter, or “X”, goes bankrupt.

gparks1989

pilot
Contributor
I really like our Tesla, but it's glitchy AF and every time the back up camera doesn't work or something else is off I get more annoyed at his nitwit antics. Maybe if he shut the hell up and actually focused on running his businesses, the product could be better. Oh and lay off spreading his progeny like some modern day eugenicist. He sucks and the amount of attention/power (or perception thereof) he has is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.