• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Virtual Blue Angels video

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
What I wonder is how that game does not recognize the flying as a collision. I know when I have tried to do that on AI aircraft in other games I get within about 2 a/c lengths and the game recognizes it as a collision.

vr/
J

Depends on the collision modeling of the game. If the game is using a simple box model for collisions, then if you get within a certain volume area of the "aircraft", it'll just call it a collision. If the game is better programmed, then it could do a pure 3D model collision... i.e. seeing if one model "physically" interacts with another.

Fmr1833

Shut the F#%k up, dummy!
None
Contributor
Most (or all) are former aviators. Check out the forums.

Okay, first of all, as far as I'm concerned this is no different than that idiot with his own virtual F-14 squadron or whatever. Flight sims are cool, but this takes it to a whole new level that prob isn't all that healthy. That said...it looks cool. I do, however, grieve for these guys social lives.

But let's at least get some facts straight. These guys are not former naval aviators:

"Originally posted by Curious:
do any of the virtual fliers have real flying expericence -- as in jet fighters or attack aircraft?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trapper, our #4 Slot, is a private pilot.
Brutis, our #5 Opposing Solo flies private aircraft.
I used to fly the T-45A Goshawk jet in the USMC.
All the other members learned their skills with flight simulators at the computer."

Ummm, wonder what else he flew in the USMC besides the mighty T-45A. Odd that he would only mention that aircraft when discussing his career in the USMC.

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
But let's at least get some facts straight. These guys are not former naval aviators

Did I say naval? But I suppose it's just too tempting to point out that they aren't actually flying aricraft instead of saying, "Oh, that was a cool video. I was mildly entertained."

I'm sure the social lives of these gentleman (+ the one female Fat Albert pilot) are just fine.

Fmr1833

Shut the F#%k up, dummy!
None
Contributor
Did I say naval? But I suppose it's just too tempting to point out that they aren't actually flying aricraft instead of saying, "Oh, that was a cool video. I was mildly entertained."

Umm, actuall I DID say it was cool. However, I just like to point out the facts. No, you didn't say "naval"...my point was that you claimed they were "most, if not all" former aviators and, according to their "Boss" that just isn't true. Anytime someone wants to impersonate a Naval Officer and goes worldwide (via the internet) whether it's harmless or not, it should be plainly clear that they are not the characters they portray. Am I being a bit touchy? Maybe, but if this was a virtual SEAL team and noone on the site made it clear that they were just pretending, well, I'd imagine they'd be getting a phone call.

Sorry to harsh your calm, paikea, it really is a cool site.

Jay

Entertaining, yes, sort of. Having flown my share of form, living in a perfect flight sim world where everbody sets 90% and voila, all our engine are perferming exactly the same, would make form quite a bit simpler. No g's, no differing flight characteristics, all I have to say I hope these guys realize a women is much more fun that the internet. Dorks.

Swmtb

Sneakin'

I'm sure the social lives of these gentleman (+ the one female Fat Albert pilot) are just fine.

You make a point that may be true. However, the fact that the website/video/etc was posted on here gives everyone a carte blanche to poke fun at it.

And yes, I do realize the irony of sitting on a webforum and telling people that they don't have lives. I wish I had time to not have a life, that would be neat.

Carno

Insane
Wow.

That guy who flew the T-45 probably attrited and took it a little too hard.

"I'LL SHOW YOU! I'M GOOD ENOUGH TO BE A BLUE ANGEL!!!!"

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
I've read an article on them before. I distinctly remember one of them saying they do everything possible to re-create what the actual Blue Angels do. Including training, which they do 4 hours... 5 days a week! The one guy who mentioned that said he was amazed that hes still married.

Its a cool video and I even play a bit of Falcon 4 on my own, but thats excessive to a point I've never before heard of.

JIMMY

"we practice about 4 hours a day, five days a week, but we wish we could do so much more."

that kind of scares me... i mean hey, great job guys... but go outside, get a job... meet some new people... geez.

EDIT: too slow...

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
"we practice about 4 hours a day, five days a week, but we wish we could do so much more."

that kind of scares me... i mean hey, great job guys... but go outside, get a job... meet some new people... geez.

EDIT: too slow...

That still leaves 20 more hours in the day to be productive, LAWL.

But that is very excessive. Being a simulator, you can only learn so much and become so good that practicing that much is unnecessary. And I imagine all the little details of the real thing not being there wouldn't be enough to keep you on your toes for 4 hours a day, 5 days a week. What's left to learn?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Someone should go on their forum and expose the T-45 guy with innocent sounding questions designed to determine if he is, indeed, a flight school attrite. You know, start kissing his ass, then ask about his fleet aircraft and see where that goes.

Brett

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Someone should go on their forum and expose the T-45 guy with innocent sounding questions designed to determine if he is, indeed, a flight school attrite. You know, start kissing his ass, then ask about his fleet aircraft and see where that goes.

Brett

Unless he's already here.............