• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Virtual Blue Angels video

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
The Virtual Blue Angels

The Virtual Blue Angels are a team of online pilots that play together, performing the exact same maneuvers as the real Blues in a flight sim called LockOn: Flaming Cliffs. They are very good, and the presentation is top-notch. It's well worth the large file size.

Patrick's Aviation Link

The Virtual Blue Angels

Cobra Commander

Awesome Bill from Dawsonville
pilot
...train to preform real world maneuvers which require the same precision, trust, and communication skills used by the real world pilots.

Pretty much. I can see how trust would be paramount in simulator formation flying. Dangerous business

NavyLonghorn

I like the fake G-strain when doing the min radius turn. HICK .. HICK.. sip of soda.. HICK.

When you are flying a simulator.. you dont have time to think, if you think... you reboot.

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
billthrill1 said:
Does anybody know if those guys on the roster are actual navy pilots? Or are they just a group of computer nerds?

Most (or all) are former aviators. Check out the forums.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I like the fake G-strain when doing the min radius turn. HICK .. HICK.. sip of soda.. HICK.

When you are flying a simulator.. you dont have time to think, if you think... you reboot.

They need a device to measure the strength of my AGSM to attenuate the "gray-out" function of the simulation software. I agree, kind of gay, but still a cool concept/video. I imagine the amount of coordination/practice required to pull something like that off would be considerable.

Brett

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
The radio chatter isn't actually these guys talking, nor is the g-strain NavyVance mentioned, but it's edited in quite well.

The "team" allows for try-outs for people who want to demonstate with them. People can join a game server and watch them perform like you would go to an airshow. Only thing missing is that intoxicating rumble when the solos sneak a pass over your head (probably the most important part, too).

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor

A B A B UP DOWN LEFT RIGHT

Makes it so when you crash you dont die ;)

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Do you mean.. up up down down left left left right b a sellect start?

Konami-code-t-shirt.jpg

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Trivia: Hitting start or select-start is not part of the code. Konami publishes the code as purely up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A. The start or select-start is merely using the menu functions on the game. The code is also valid in many other Konami games.

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
What I wonder is how that game does not recognize the flying as a collision. I know when I have tried to do that on AI aircraft in other games I get within about 2 a/c lengths and the game recognizes it as a collision.

vr/
J

NavyLonghorn

Trivia: Hitting start or select-start is not part of the code. Konami publishes the code as purely up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A. The start or select-start is merely using the menu functions on the game. The code is also valid in many other Konami games.

Sellect made it two player, right?