• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Vicki's path to flight school (a female perspective)

Kyle McWhirter

Still no official gouge from the OCS webpage about the blankets. I will attempt to find a phone number to call tomorrow. Who would have thought...all of this fuss over a blanket!

vicki

The word is OCS is under a new command. They don't want you to have a blanket because they want you top sleep in your rack. If you bring a blanket they'll take it away from you. However, they give it back after indoc week. I would strongly advise to bring a blanket. You DO NOT have time to make your rack in the morning.

Dave Shutter

Reminds me of the first weeks of Boot where guys try to engineer some way of not sleeping under the covers to save time, the point is they want you to learn to make the bunk properly, everyday, when your in a rush.

How was poopie week BTW Vic?

D

vicki

OCS Week 4

Hi Guys,
As you guessed, I'm only getting e-mail once a week. It was just luck that I'm getting to write today. I will get on for a while on Sun. and try to post lots of gouge. Some people have been having trouble accessing sites like this from the battalion computers, so if I don't write I'm not blowing y'all off and I will write as soon as I can. Thanks for the words of encouragement. I raelly needed it.

n/a

Vicki,

Keep your head up! I'm in class 21-01 right now and I know what your Class Drill Insrtructor is like. He did my Indoc week since my Class Drill Instructor was graduating class 14-01. Darned if I didn't scratch my nose with GySgt Roquemore seeing me!

"Side straddle hops you freakin thing!"

I haven't flinched since!

I know you have a really small class but just make sure in whatever event that you do, do it as a team!

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
Hell'a of a good job vicky just keep it up. And think you will get to watch all of us a laugh while we at OCS and you are stashed waiting for API.

Kraftwerk

quote:
Hi Guys,
As you guessed, I'm only getting e-mail once a week.

I take it you didn't secure?
Hey, 6th week PI will be coming up faster than you think!
ENS Fossum

Dave Shutter

quote: I take it you didn't secure?

I forget if it was Jeff B. Or Matt, who said that almost no one ever secures on 4th week MTT. Did you Kraftwerk? BTW, where are you in the pipeline right now?

D

Kraftwerk

It used to be that very few classes secured during 4th week. During my tenure at OCS, ALL classes secured during 4th week, for some reason.
I just started API last friday, first day of classes tomorrow.

Walker

i just bought a "navy type" blanket at an army navy store. unfortunately its made of wool, but its really thin so I don't think it will be to bad for use during the summer.

unfUSN

Ed... the humidity down here has been a bitch lately. I just got done running 2 mi at 11:15pm and I am sweating my ass off.

The next 13 weeks are gonna be a blast!

ATP

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Walker,

Navy blankets ARE made of wool. You didn't think you'd be getting a nice soft cotton blanket did you? Nothing beats sleeping in your rack on top of your covers only to be covered by an itchy, wooly, Navy blanket. My, I long for those days again. NOT!

--Steve