• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS USS Gabby Gifford

IRfly

None
Dems have 3. FDR, JFK and Truman. As for Lincoln, even being the first Republican President, both parties now sorta see him as their own.

Since this thread was resurrected...Are you 4 realz? CVN-71 ain't the "FDR"

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
image.jpeg Ladies and Gentlemen I present the USS Donald Trump...it's huge, the biggest, really big.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
However didn't he admit in his book to sleeping with 16 year old boys, not sure that sends the right message.
This forum needs an "ugh, nasty, want to agree, but 'Like' just doesn't cut it" button.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
However didn't he admit in his book to sleeping with 16 year old boys, not sure that sends the right message.

I don't know much about him but did look it up and he did have a relationship with a 16 year old. Certainly not the most endearing quality but given the age of consent is usually 16 not the child moleststion that many accuse him of, and likely illegal at the time just because it was a homosexual relationship. A but creepy but we have had ships named after Thomas Jefferson and others so he has some company.

jmcquate

Contributor
Not sure I'm on board with the Jefferson=Milk argument Flash. TJ had an Ethan Allan class named after him in the 70s? Jeez......fuck it........name the next ship the USS Puppy and make everyone happy.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not sure I'm on board with the Jefferson=Milk argument Flash. TJ had an Ethan Allan class named after him in the 70s? Jeez......fuck it........name the next ship the USS Puppy and make everyone happy.

Jefferson did far, far more for this country but he has a messy personal history as do several others we have named ships for, that was the point.