• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

usaf times f-22 obogs

jmcquate

Contributor
Wow.......they may right but I'm betting those two are toast. At least they got to walk around the Capitol in bags.

robav8r

None
Contributor
I can't imagine 10 to 12 hours in a tactical A/C, wearing a G suit . . .

RadicalDude

Social Justice Warlord
Yeah obviously I'm just a stupid cone, but I've heard instructors talk about doing some extremely long missions. Over to the pros for clarification.

busdriver

None
Longest in an H-60 for me was 10.4 all HAAR no landing, longest in Afghanistan was 9.6 but I got to get out to pee and stretch at the FARP.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That's a good bet. They also do 20+ hour stints in the sim to prepare. Fuck that.

rondebmar

Ron "Banty" Marron
pilot
Contributor
I can't imagine 10 to 12 hours in a tactical A/C, wearing a G suit . . .

Is the Spad a tactical aircraft?

10.5 in g-suit ...CVA - CVA
7.1 in "poopy suit" ...CVA - ditching in the high Sahara ...winter ...snow ...cold!
4.0+ several flights ...CVA - CVA

jmcquate

Contributor
I don't know if it's the record, but some contenders for military missions are these B-52s in 1957 flew around the world nonstop in 45+ hours... which was an improvement over this B-50 in 1949 that did it in 94 hours. Inflight refueling is a bitch, isn't it?
I knew about the buffs doing the around the word non-stop but not the B-50. I think the B-2 to the Stan out of Kansas hold the record for combat misssions.

LFDtoUSMC

pilot
Contributor
I knew about the buffs doing the around the word non-stop but not the B-50. I think the B-2 to the Stan out of Kansas hold the record for combat misssions.

Stupid Question:

Would that entire flight be logged as combat time? Or just the time in country?