• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

usaf times f-22 obogs

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Maybe I'm slow, but sometimes I really believe that some frequent AW posters have an alternate identity and intentionally post stupid shit.
Yeah, what's with the weird wiki links to aftershave, etc? "Ohhh, that's what aftershave is." :)

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
I was looking for the old Approach article about the A-6 pilot who had his flat-top with excessive gel explode in flight when the O2 from his masked worked its way up into his helmet. The BN was teying to pat his head to put the fire out.

The story has been debunked, but it's still a great read. Anyone have that story?

PhrogLoop

Adulting is hard
pilot
I was looking for the old Approach article about the A-6 pilot who had his flat-top with excessive gel explode in flight when the O2 from his masked worked its way up into his helmet. The BN was teying to pat his head to put the fire out.

The story has been debunked, but it's still a great read. Anyone have that story?
I think that story would make an awesome Mythbusters submission.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor

as retold to years of API & Primary students - only using chapstick as the offending salve.... ;)

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
I think that story would make an awesome Mythbusters submission.

Already done: http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/mythbusters/episode/00to49/episode_03.html

Episode 37: Escape Slide Parachute
Join the MythBusters as they test three tall tales of high flying and free falling. The first pits them against Hollywood logic with Buster doing his best Indiana Jones impression, the second tests the explosive properties and decapitation potential of hair cream, and the third addresses surviving a fall from 33,000 feet without a parachute. So, basically, it's business as usual at the "Mythbusters Flying Circus"!
premiere: Aug. 10, 2005

The myth was busted