• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Updated list of things to bring?

44magnum

Does it make a difference whether one has the short or long PT shorts (they come in 2 different lengths)? I've grown partial to shorter shorts lately (the 90s are over and they're much more practical).

Also, I assume we must leave in those awful liners?

Spartan43

STEEEEEEEEEVE
None
Does it make a difference whether one has the short or long PT shorts (they come in 2 different lengths)? I've grown partial to shorter shorts lately (the 90s are over and they're much more practical).

Also, I assume we must leave in those awful liners?
I haven't seen any regulation on how short they can be, you may catch some flak or get a new nickname if they're super short. When you go to the mini NEX to get your initial uniform issue, they ask you what size you want. The liners never really bothered me.

44magnum

Thanks. And just to verify, the stuff listed on the uniform requirements as 'seasonal' should not be brought during the summer right? I.e. there's no reason to bring gloves and NWU liner in August right? I mean, I assume non-priors still get issued them, but are they needed for inspection or anything?

ironhead79ltc

I graduate OCS on the 18th, even if you are prior bring all uniform items you have. Trust me you will need them for inspections. Unless you want all new gear, it would be wise to bring everything you already have that is serviceable in the sea bag.

jcharles

PRO REC Y 11603 SWO-IP 30AUG13
I graduate OCS on the 18th, even if you are prior bring all uniform items you have. Trust me you will need them for inspections. Unless you want all new gear, it would be wise to bring everything you already have that is serviceable in the sea bag.

Congrats! Serviceable meaning inspection ready? Can you give a specific uniforms that AD can bring? Thanks!

nrodda90

SWOtivated
I've looked and can't find a specific answer, but is there a specific type of shoe we should buy before OCS? Or any recommendations?

Spartan43

STEEEEEEEEEVE
None
I've looked and can't find a specific answer, but is there a specific type of shoe we should buy before OCS? Or any recommendations?
They're not strict on athletic shoes as long as their not the minimalist/five-fingers style. Color doesn't matter whatsoever. There were some people that intentionally got bright colored shoes so they would stand out in the pictures and family would recognize them. I don't recall a single DI or RDC giving anyone grief over their shoes. They may joke around about them to try and break your bearing but they won't punish you or make you regret your color selection.

My recommendation is whatever is comfortable.

nrodda90

SWOtivated
They're not strict on athletic shoes as long as their not the minimalist/five-fingers style. Color doesn't matter whatsoever. There were some people that intentionally got bright colored shoes so they would stand out in the pictures and family would recognize them. I don't recall a single DI or RDC giving anyone grief over their shoes. They may joke around about them to try and break your bearing but they won't punish you or make you regret your color selection.

My recommendation is whatever is comfortable.
Thank you for the info!

AndreasW

Wondering if anyone could help me answer a question about medals at OCS for prior service. Going into OCS with medals/ ribbons, I was wondering how we go about attaching the pistol qual medal to current medals? Since they overlap I had to get it professionally done at a tailor shop, will that option be available? Are they able to add to the medal row I already have, or will I need to buy all new ones? All of this is dependent on me qualifying for the pistol medal, and/ or having it at OCS. Any information is greatly appreciated.

TA910

"Spoon"
pilot
I would say do it before you get there. Later on in the process, you will get a chance to make uniform shop runs. But you will be so busy with a lot of other things, the less you have to worry about the better. But priors in my class were able to make changes.

Does anyone who has recently been to OCS know if you are allowed to wear compression socks for PT? Like the leg sleeves? Helps me prevent shin splints.

TA910

"Spoon"
pilot
Yeah anything medical needs approval from the clinic. Very simple. Go to sick call and ask to go over to the clinic at the hospital. Tell them what you need and why and they write a chit for it. I had to do it for my foam roller

Yeah anything medical needs approval from the clinic. Very simple. Go to sick call and ask to go over to the clinic at the hospital. Tell them what you need and why and they write a chit for it. I had to do it for my foam roller

Is it possible to get this done while at the hospital on the second day? And thumbs up on mentioning the foam roller I will bring mine now.