• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Updated list of things to bring?

Jules_W

Dont worry about it. A roller has nothing to do with NAMI. Like i said, we had two people in my class with them. Including myself. Not a big deal. On top of that, i hurt my knee twice while i was there and had to do the clinic for rehab. As long as your ready to go when the PT test come around then your good. They give you ( I think ) 10 days of missed workouts before it becomes a big deal. Which could keep you from graduating.

Good to know, thank you!

brogdawg32

Is there anything in particular to bring for the RLP that won't be issued or that isn't on the list on the .mil? Like is there anything I need (i.e. some people say bring a second pair of running shoes just for inspection, or don't use the things you're issued save them for the inspection) to bring with me that won't be available that will help? Starch, shoe shine, scissors?

Edit: Second question is I bring more than what they say to bring, does that make the RLP more difficult? Like having more items leaves more room for error? (if I have 10 shirts instead of 5 for example). And I have used search, but most of the gouge regarding these questions is 2+ years old it seems.

Last edited:

Spartan43

STEEEEEEEEEVE
None
Is there anything in particular to bring for the RLP that won't be issued or that isn't on the list on the .mil? Like is there anything I need (i.e. some people say bring a second pair of running shoes just for inspection, or don't use the things you're issued save them for the inspection) to bring with me that won't be available that will help? Starch, shoe shine, scissors?

Edit: Second question is I bring more than what they say to bring, does that make the RLP more difficult? Like having more items leaves more room for error? (if I have 10 shirts instead of 5 for example). And I have used search, but most of the gouge regarding these questions is 2+ years old it seems.
I didn't bring anything extra and passed just fine. Everything required for RLP will be issued to you (minus your athletic shoes). You'll get a polishing kit and mini scissors.

The criteria/items for inspection will be laid out in your Officer Candidate Regulations. Anything extra that you have you will keep locked in your coffin locker (locker under your bed) and won't be inspected...unless you leave it unlocked.

brogdawg32

I didn't bring anything extra and passed just fine. Everything required for RLP will be issued to you (minus your athletic shoes). You'll get a polishing kit and mini scissors.

The criteria/items for inspection will be laid out in your Officer Candidate Regulations. Anything extra that you have you will keep locked in your coffin locker (locker under your bed) and won't be inspected...unless you leave it unlocked.
That's what I needed. Thanks

TA910

"Spoon"
pilot

Yeah. Don't waste your money. There is a whole room full of extra things for RLP on the first floor. Irons, polish, hangers, etc. If anything, just the extra shoes (will need some anyways)

Larick

None
Contributor
Are loofahs allowed?

Definitely bring a lot of underwear/socks. I'm currently at OCS and the laundry situation sucks when new indocs and your sister company fight for washers/dryers. Also, just to echo again what others have stated, bring high quality pairs of boot socks. I bought the Fox/Thorlo socks and they are amazing. The issued ones are alright, but you can tell the difference when you wear your boots the whole day.

Larick

None
Contributor
Yeah. Don't waste your money. There is a whole room full of extra things for RLP on the first floor. Irons, polish, hangers, etc. If anything, just the extra shoes (will need some anyways)

Definitely get an extra pair of running shoes (Straight from box/Never worn status). I had clean ones and only worn them once for like 5min before I came to OCS. Stored them in a plastic bag till RLP. DI looked at them and found the smallest piece of contraband on the bottom of the sole that you wouldn't see unless you really really focused on it.. They are really anal about that stuff. Well, my DI inspector was.

Jules_W

Definitely bring a lot of underwear/socks. I'm currently at OCS and the laundry situation sucks when new indocs and your sister company fight for washers/dryers. Also, just to echo again what others have stated, bring high quality pairs of boot socks. I bought the Fox/Thorlo socks and they are amazing. The issued ones are alright, but you can tell the difference when you wear your boots the whole day.

How many pairs would you recommend bringing?

Sache

I was referring to wash loofahs friend.

Also what about storage space...don't want to bring too much and not have a sufficient area!!

Jules_W

I'm flying in and am planning on just bringing a carry-on, in case my bag gets lost if I check it. I am going to bring tiny travel-sized shampoo, conditioner, and body wash, as I have read on AW over and over that it is unwise to use the issued toiletries before RLP. Is there somewhere on base/near the base where I can buy full-sized toiletries without an ID before I check in to OCS? Alternatively, will there be an NEX run in the first week? I'm willing to bet this last question has been asked and answered but nothing turns up when I search "NEX". Maybe I should just check my bag and risk it getting lost? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

TA910

"Spoon"
pilot
I'm flying in and am planning on just bringing a carry-on, in case my bag gets lost if I check it. I am going to bring tiny travel-sized shampoo, conditioner, and body wash, as I have read on AW over and over that it is unwise to use the issued toiletries before RLP. Is there somewhere on base/near the base where I can buy full-sized toiletries without an ID before I check in to OCS? Alternatively, will there be an NEX run in the first week? I'm willing to bet this last question has been asked and answered but nothing turns up when I search "NEX". Maybe I should just check my bag and risk it getting lost? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

I would bring enough to last three weeks. If I can remember correctly, that's when the first NEX run is. You can go to the NEX before check in (meaning before you show up) and get what you need without I.D. Bring enough socks and underwear to last three weeks as well

Jules_W

I would bring enough to last three weeks. If I can remember correctly, that's when the first NEX run is. You can go to the NEX before check in (meaning before you show up) and get what you need without I.D. Bring enough socks and underwear to last three weeks as well

Thank you very much, this is exactly what I wanted to know.

brogdawg32

So here's my list of what I have packed:

7 white crew shirts
7 white gold toe crew socks
5 fox river black boot socks
3 Navy blue crew shirts
7 White boxer briefs
1 White shower towel
Civvy outfit for check in and flight home after

Shampoo 2-in-1 and body wash
Shaving supplies
Toothbrush/toothpaste/mouth wash
Nailclippers
Running shoes
Running shoes for RLP (never worn)
Spray Starch
Blue Painters tape

Wallet and $300 cash
Cell phone/charger
Timex Ironman Watch
All medical/ID/Vax records/orders/voided check

Heard spray starch/tape helps for RLP if you can use them. Figured why not, if cant/dont need them pretty cheap anyways. Am I missing anything or need more of anything?

Last edited:

torpedotor

So here's my list of what I have packed:

7 white crew shirts
7 white gold toe crew socks
5 fox river black boot socks
3 Navy blue crew shirts
7 White boxer briefs
1 White shower towel
Civvy outfit for check in and flight home after

Shampoo 2-in-1 and body wash
Shaving supplies
Toothbrush/toothpaste/mouth wash
Nailclippers
Running shoes
Running shoes for RLP (never worn)
Spray Starch
Blue Painters tape

Wallet and $300 cash
Cell phone/charger
Timex Ironman Watch
All medical/ID/Vax records/orders/voided check

Heard spray starch/tape helps for RLP if you can use them. Figured why not, if cant/dont need them pretty cheap anyways. Am I missing anything or need more of anything?

Can any recent OCS grads critique this list? It looks great, but I'd love to have the input of some of the guys and girls who experienced it.