• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Touchdown(full) Autorotations

bobbybrock

None
The UH-72/LUH/EC-145 is an off the shelf product that is ment for non-combat type enviorments. The only active units that will fly it are in non deploybale TDA units. The same basically applies to the guard. It will fill medevac, VIP, RAID mission requirements at the state level.
The army felt that many of these missions are to small for an H-60. It won't carry the ASE that you'd see on a fleet aircraft because it doesn't need it since it isn't going to the fight.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
The UH-72/LUH/EC-145 is an off the shelf product that is ment for non-combat type enviorments. The only active units that will fly it are in non deploybale TDA units. The same basically applies to the guard. It will fill medevac, VIP, RAID mission requirements at the state level.
The army felt that many of these missions are to small for an H-60. It won't carry the ASE that you'd see on a fleet aircraft because it doesn't need it since it isn't going to the fight.

The contract award to Eurocopter is complete - now the appeal process from the losing vendors begins.

MD Helicopters was especially miffed - so O think they will go in the appeals process swinging.
AIR_MD-900_Explorer_lg.jpg

The EC-145 is pretty capable darn capable - basically an updated BK-117:

overview_1.jpg

bobbybrock

None
Chcuk,
I was at a wedding of one of our pilots about two weeks ago. His dad is a flag officer so a few of the Army aviation big leaugers were there. I got the chance to talk to the former aviation two star. He told me that is pretty much SOP and the fielding will be pushed back. The one I can't figure out is the Army replaceing the OH-58D with another Bell product that will be power limited also. Eveyone was hoping for the MELB ( mission enhanced little bird). Most the 58 driver I know were a little upset with the decision. 58D driver what is the over feeling with the choice?