• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TOPGUN DAYS - new book about my experiences as an F-14 RIO and Topgun instructor

Bio

None
Special low price for TOPGUN DAYS e-book

Limited-time low price for e-book of TOPGUN DAYS.
For those who have been waiting, or fathers who just got a reader (Kindle, Nook, etc.), this is the time to buy!
In honor of the 100th anniversary of Naval Aviation, and the 25th anniversary of the release of "Top Gun," the publisher is offering the electronic version of my book TOPGUN DAYS for a very low price. (It was $4.99 when I checked, but each seller sets their own price.)
This offer should be good until early August.

ltedb

Boarding Group 4
I really enjoyed reading your book Bio, thank you for writing it. Great photos too!

rondebmar

Ron "Banty" Marron
pilot
Contributor
Hi Bio...gotta admit, it took awhile...but I finally have a brand new bright and shiny copy of "Topgun Days"...came in the mail about an hour ago...looking forward to getting into it!!

Bio

None
Thanks for the note, Banty.
Same, ltedb.
I wish I had another book ready to go (for people who want a second one).....

Bio

None
Haven't been on in awhile, things have been smooth and steady....
I'll be signing copies of Topgun Days at the USS Intrepid museum store, New York City, on April 14-15 from noon to 4 pm both days. If you have a copy of the book come on by and I'll be happy to sign it.
Please tell your friends who might be interested!

CollegeHero

I was just at the Intrepid last February and picked up a copy of Fly Navy by Alvin Townley, which was a pretty decent book. I also placed a hold at my library for a copy of your book and I'll definitely post what I think of it.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Bump for a great read. Pretty cool to read about flying at NKX back then and seeing how little has changed.....the jets of course but everything else seemed similar. I remember walking on a jet there, looking down at the ramp on post flight, and seeing that someone had fingered "vf-124 sucks" into the concrete. Must not have been repaved for a long time :)

Bio

None
Bump for a great read. Pretty cool to read about flying at NKX back then and seeing how little has changed.....the jets of course but everything else seemed similar. I remember walking on a jet there, looking down at the ramp on post flight, and seeing that someone had fingered "vf-124 sucks" into the concrete. Must not have been repaved for a long time :)
Ha, I never saw that!

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Bump. Picked up a copy at the Udvar-Hazy A&S museum last week and got to meet Bio. Good read so far with great photography. Thanks for signing it!

Renegade One

None
Ha, I never saw that!
Nor did I...;)

Bio: Glad to hear all is good with you. If you're ever in San Diego in the month of May, we ALWAYS do the San Diego Tailhook Ready Room Happy Hour at Kansas City BBQ…great supporters of Naval Aviation, and it's our annual "flight jacket night" head-nod to the annual anniversary of "TOP GUN"…the movie. Great crowd…great fun.

danpass

Because of this thread I've iBooked a copy. Just started reading.

:D

Sounds like a neat book.
I've often thought about publishing a book on my flying experiences. The best title I've come up with so far is "Barely hanging on, true stories of an unlikely fighter pilot"
that doesn't sound bad at all lol

Bio

None
Nor did I...;)

Bio: Glad to hear all is good with you. If you're ever in San Diego in the month of May, we ALWAYS do the San Diego Tailhook Ready Room Happy Hour at Kansas City BBQ…great supporters of Naval Aviation, and it's our annual "flight jacket night" head-nod to the annual anniversary of "TOP GUN"…the movie. Great crowd…great fun.

Thanks for the reminder! Not sure about our travel plans for 2013, but considering San Diego! Hope you're doing good out there, things here are fine.

Bio

None
Bump. Picked up a copy at the Udvar-Hazy A&S museum last week and got to meet Bio. Good read so far with great photography. Thanks for signing it!
Thanks for mentioning this, those book-signings are fun for me, and an honor -- meeting aviation fans and representing Naval Aviation. It makes me realize how fortunate I was (along with the other pilots and aircrews here) that we got to fly these fantastic machines.
To the men and women out there flying now, thank you for stepping up. And to those who didn't get the chance -- thanks for your support.
Okay, time to go watch some football before I make myself start crying!

Bio

None
TOPGUN DAYS ... Las Vegas ... April 27, 2013 ... Atomic Liquors! Yes, I'm coming to Las Vegas to give a presentation Sturday evening, 27 April, for the National Atomic Testing Museum. It's part of their Pub Lecture series, so we'll be at Atomic Liquors. Tickets are required, so visit their website, http://nationalatomictestingmuseum.org/. Hope you can come by and/or tell your friends in Vegas!