• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TOPGUN DAYS - new book about my experiences as an F-14 RIO and Topgun instructor

Bio

None
Hi - I wanted to let people on Airwarriors.com know I have a book coming out soon describing my experiences and adventures as an F-14 Tomcat RIO and Topgun instructor. It's a personal story about being a nugget in a fighter squadron, surviving a life-or-death ejection during a carrier landing mishap, meeting the high demands of Topgun, and even working with Paramount on their famous motion picture "Top Gun."

The title is: Topgun Days: Dogfighting, Cheating Death, and Hollywood Glory as One of America's Best Fighter Jocks.

It'll be in bookstores in June, and is available for pre-order now on leading book websites (Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Borders, Books-a-Million).

It will be about 300 pages, with plenty of flying stories, behind-the-scenes insights, and about 50 of my photos.

If you'd like more information, visit my website, www.TopgunBio.com. Thanks for checking it out - I hope you like it! - Bio

RockyMtnNFO

None
Contributor
I'm holding out for ORION DAYS: 5 Hour Preflights, Peeing in a Bucket, and Memorizing Minutia as a Nugget 2P

There I was, the line shack at Manama. Beef schwarma still hot on my breath, I could see the heat rising off the runway. 2 hours into pre-flight a hydraulic leak is found. It took another 4 hours to fix it while we watched 2 movies in the shack, had a nap and maybe the extra schwarmas we brought. We manned up, flew the MIO and came home. The next day the Ops O says, wow, I would've just cancelled. Thanks, for that timely bit of advice, sir.

rondebmar

Ron "Banty" Marron
pilot
Contributor
Banty - thanks!
Bio

No Prob, Sir!
patriot.gif

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
"There I was, balls deep in the Digest...two dirty Hinges on my six (they had been there for the last two months, plotting my demise) and nothing but Chapter 11 as far as the eye can see; would I drink the Kool-aide, go full verbatim? Or was I the lone rebel, ready to wing it with practical answers that matched reality and were stated in a language more akin to English than NATOPS? Only time would tell, but if I had to guess, this JO was going to be memorizing through next weekend...tune in next week for adventures of a 3P destined for CNO..."