• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TOPGUN DAYS - new book about my experiences as an F-14 RIO and Topgun instructor

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
TOPGUN DAYS ... Las Vegas ... April 27, 2013 ... Atomic Liquors! Yes, I'm coming to Las Vegas to give a presentation Sturday evening, 27 April, for the National Atomic Testing Museum. It's part of their Pub Lecture series, so we'll be at Atomic Liquors. Tickets are required, so visit their website, http://nationalatomictestingmuseum.org/. Hope you can come by and/or tell your friends in Vegas!
Kind of related....if you ever want to see a nuclear bomb crater up close and personal, you can sign up for tours of the Nevada Test Site through the National Atomic Testing Museum. The info is on their website or you can google it. It was a very interesting and unique tour. You have to sign up well in advance so it takes planning.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hope you can come by and/or tell your friends in Vegas!
Bio, I have a good ex-Navy Buddy who lives in Vegas. He is a GA pilot & NA enthusiast. Not an AW, but I'm sending him the info you posted on your 27 April appearance... so I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up. His personal callsign "SierraTango1". BTW, he is also a published author.:)
BzB

Renegade One

None
TOPGUN DAYS ...
Bio: Just to remind, the San Diego Tailhook Ready Room's annual "TOPGUN Happy Hour" will be on Thursday, 30 May, from 5-7 PM at "Kansas City BBQ" in San Diego. ALWAYS a pretty major turnout, if you wanted to try and do a book-signing there. Could probably hit multiple other venues that same week…MIDWAY, San Diego Air & Space Museum, and maybe Miramar's "Flying Leatherneck Museum". You get the idea. Props for doing one in a liquor store in Vegas… ;)

Just so's you know…Cheers!

Bio

None
Bio, I have a good ex-Navy Buddy who lives in Vegas. He is a GA pilot & NA enthusiast. Not an AW, but I'm sending him the info you posted on your 27 April appearance... so I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up. His personal callsign "SierraTango1". BTW, he is also a published author.:)
BzB

Thanks for the heads up! I'm taking this with me and will be on the lookout for ST01!!

Bio

None
Bio: Just to remind, the San Diego Tailhook Ready Room's annual "TOPGUN Happy Hour" will be on Thursday, 30 May, from 5-7 PM at "Kansas City BBQ" in San Diego. ALWAYS a pretty major turnout, if you wanted to try and do a book-signing there. Could probably hit multiple other venues that same week…MIDWAY, San Diego Air & Space Museum, and maybe Miramar's "Flying Leatherneck Museum". You get the idea. Props for doing one in a liquor store in Vegas… ;)

Just so's you know…Cheers!

Spike - thanks for the update. I was planning to come out to the F-14 Assoc annual meeting, but the Vegas trip bumped it off the schedule. I sent Art some things for the meeting.:) I'll email you about MIDWAY and the SDA&SM.

Renegade One

None
Spike - thanks for the update. I was planning to come out to the F-14 Assoc annual meeting, but the Vegas trip bumped it off the schedule.
Too bad…we're doing a "Joint SD 'Hook Ready Room and Tomcat Association" Happy Hour Thursday of next week in Mission Valley. Should be "major"… ;)