• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Top Gun 2

Max the Mad Russian

Hands off Ukraine! Feet too
Except probably Leigh Noyes. But this is my opinion only. His performance brings no blame as TF-18 commanding admiral at Guadalcanal, but his tenure as chief of ONC before does. Joe Rochefort might have big troubles if he'd followed Noyes' instructions and, as a result, never break JN-25(b)

Last edited:

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
I’m surprised Maverick doesn’t own a Corsair, better fighter than the P-51…wait…did I find a new rabbit hole?

The Corsair did stay in production quite a bit longer.

“In late January and early February 1944, the U.S. Navy conducted a comparison of both airplanes at the Naval Air Station, Patuxent River, Maryland.”​

1649014379204.jpeg

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Word from some folks who saw it last night at the premiere on North Island is that it's pretty good.
I know they’re going to butcher the shit out of “realistic,” and that’s fine. I don’t need “realistic.” I just want “fun and entertaining.”

I’m sure there’s going to be a large degree of utter absurdity, but it’s like breaking the rules of what you’re supposed to talk about in the ready room . . . you can get away with it IF it’s good.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
I'm pretty positive (without having seen it) that the flying cinematography is sick. Release date happens to fall into my first week of airline training. At least I'll be in Seattle, with access to the theater :)

We're going to rent out a theater here with a bunch of people from work, and have a couple of Naval Aviators take questions from the crowd- possibly including yours truly. Should be entertaining.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
The Corsair did stay in production quite a bit longer.

“In late January and early February 1944, the U.S. Navy conducted a comparison of both airplanes at the Naval Air Station, Patuxent River, Maryland.”​

View attachment 34803
The test was not WW2 but Korea - the Corsair was the ultimate attack aircraft - and rugged with its round air cooled engine...

East

东部
Contributor
Which means person with very long hands, a nick of Russian Prince Yury of XI-XII centuries who fought his main wars far beyond the borders of his very reign. Nowadays Russian habit to name the nuke boats after ancient nobles, in turn, means that current tzar (Mr. Putin, in case you forgot) wants to equate himself to them, fuckin' moron. BTW there weren't the ships or boats named Red October actually, as well as Blue October or Red August, for example. There were a battleship on Black Sea and then cruiser on Baltic Sea named October Revolution, both quite useless on their respective theaters.
Top Gun movie lied about the style of real life of a NavAir but not so much about hostile environment. It's ok to put into movie fictional aircraft (or ship or boat) that really may exist within a decade or so. But don't let them add the star-war trash to this drink
BB3E5B69-6C64-4C44-951A-568CFF229D24.jpeg
I've got bogeys all over me..!!!