• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Top Gun 2

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator

Wonder if that is his own personal helicopter? The Airbus H-125 (formerly known as the AS-350 B3 and roughly the same dimensions as a Bell 407) has some phenomenal performance. Here is a list of some its high altitude records:

On 14 May 2005, an AS350 B3 piloted by Eurocopter test pilot Didier Delsalle touched down on the top of Mount Everest, at 8,848 m (29,030 ft),[15][16][17] a record that has been confirmed by the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale.[18]

On 29 April 2010, a stripped-down AS350 B3 rescued three Spanish alpinists, one at a time, from the slopes of Annapurna I, Nepal at an altitude of 6,900 m (22,640 ft); this set a new record for the highest such rescue.[19] The record was increased to 7,800 m (25,590 ft), during the rescue of Sudarshan Gautam between Camps III & IV in Everest's Yellow Band on the morning of 20 May 2013.[20][21][22][23]

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
And the navy recruiter will tell them "sure".
"It says here you qualify for CS. That's a great start. Before you know it, you'll use TA, get accepted into STA-21, and then you'll be flying A-10s in, oh, I don't know, maybe 4-6 years from now?"

I keeeed I keeeeed. ?

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
I like top gun don’t get me wrong, I don’t like the wave of Jett pilot wannabes who flood ocs/flight school / the fleet who have the largest egos thinking they are going to be the next Pete mitchell

show-us-on-this-doll-where-he-touched-you.jpg

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I like top gun don’t get me wrong, I don’t like the wave of Jett pilot wannabes who flood ocs/flight school / the fleet who have the largest egos thinking they are going to be the next Pete mitchell
The Navy survived the first movie…the Navy will do just fine with this one.

FlyingGator

The Navy survived the first movie…the Navy will do just fine with this one.
I hope so, I took a film class and like this group of dudes were talking about how they were gonna try to fly in the navy and be like maverick and I know 3 of them sell oxycodone etc…. Wouldn’t want to see any of them in the wardroom or even in the enlisted mess.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
I hope so, I took a film class and like this group of dudes were talking about how they were gonna try to fly in the navy and be like maverick and I know 3 of them sell oxycodone etc…. Wouldn’t want to see any of them in the wardroom or even in the enlisted mess.
Just because there is an increased interest doesn't mean there's a decrease in standards.